Rise of the Guardians (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
RISE OF THE GUARDIANS Trailer

Rise of the Guardians - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

rise-of-the-guardians-poster1.jpg

riseoftheguardiansnaughtnice.jpg

Last edited:
The concept is cool, the design is nice, but the character of Jack Frost just comes off as the typical male a-hole who just happens to be the only important member of this group. Top it off with the fact he's being voiced by Chris Pine, the same actor who played an a-hole Kirk in Trek09, I'm just going label this under SKIP with extreme prejudice.

Other than that, I'll file this other complaint under spoilers for those here who are sick and tired of me bringing this point up again and again.

Still waiting for a movie with a group of heroes that consists of more than one female character. God forbid if there had to only be one that she'd actually be the leader.

Hoping to catch this at the theatres here in the coming weeks.

Movie Review: RISE OF THE GUARDIANS Sparks Imagination, Wonder | Badass Digest

"Everything seems stacked against the movie: the title is bland, forgettable and leads you to believe the film is a sequel to Zack Snyder’s Legend of the Guardians. The very concept of turning Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny into tattooed, heavily armed action heroes is manifestly idiotic. And then there’s the studio: Dreamworks has a history of turning out cartoons mired in already-expired-on-release pop culture references and goonish, obvious jokes. On paper Rise of the Guardians is easily written off.

On screen it’s another story. The movie is fresh, exciting, fun, smart, touching and, best of all, perfectly and squarely aimed at kids while never talking down to or condescending to them. It’s an adventure story that feels huge, and a personal story that feels real. It’s also a great superhero team up movie."

My wife had gotten a pair of free movie tickets from work for this past weekend, so we took a chance and watched this. We both ended up enjoying it quite a bit; I'll leave out any spoilers, but will say that it was entertaining and felt like a perfect length (I think it was just over 1:30 or so).

As for Jeyl's concerns, I ended up liking Jack a lot more than I would have thought. By the end, he does not come across as a "typical male a-hole;" each member of the group was important and filled a certain niche within the Guardianship. They each have special gifts, and it just happened that Jack's was a better fit against the "enemy" this time. I'd go into more, but, again, I want to avoid any spoilers. :)

Still waiting for a movie with a group of heroes that consists of more than one female character.

Serenity?

Badass is on the money regarding the title and vibe of the film. I've seen only posters and am underwhelmed. Might give this a shot though, if it is still on screen when I get a chance to take my kid.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back