Ripley's Screen-Used A L I E N NOSTROMO Jumpsuit, on Auction, Starting: $85,000

What is going on?

I've been reading the epic phaser auction thread, and now we see this... I was just coming here for some pictures to capture the amount of weathering on the patches but now I'm disgusted.

Besides the noted details, the red/gold "pin" above the wings was a glued on patch in the film as far as I am aware, not a metal pin- in the promo photo above you can see it's missing and only a glue blob remains.

Really disappointing.

I'll grab my popcorn...seems to me that, looking closely at that costume, some of the details don't add-up:unsure::rolleyes: Maybe that's why it's back on the rack!

I have no idea so I'm asking: Did the item sell once before and it is now be offered by the new/current owner? Or is this something that came out of the woodwork all of a sudden?

Are there the same amount of lacing loops? Looks like less on the auction item.
That seems to be in check, 11 tabs for every side. Consistent with G-4B suits. I believe the suit up for auction is an authentic G4-B suit, I just doubt it is THE suit Sigourney Weaver wore.

What is going on?

I've been reading the epic phaser auction thread, and now we see this... I was just coming here for some pictures to capture the amount of weathering on the patches but now I'm disgusted.

Besides the noted details, the red/gold "pin" above the wings was a glued on patch in the film as far as I am aware, not a metal pin- in the promo photo above you can see it's missing and only a glue blob remains.

Really disappointing.
A correct observation. All the garments I was from the Bob Burns collection were glued on. One can see it clearly across the board. Yellow glue to be specific.
I have no idea so I'm asking: Did the item sell once before and it is now be offered by the new/current owner? Or is this something that came out of the woodwork all of a sudden?
Unclear, but I'm always suspicious when they do not provide close-ups, of the patches for example.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back