Ripley's Grenade Harness from the movie ALIENS

AaronHorrocks

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
About 8 years ago I started making the "Ripley Grenade Harness", and call it that even though it's really a piece of USCM gear (United States Colonial Marine).

I've gotten really good at these, and I make them with military spec components, rivets, JB weld, and sewing. Each individual component is rated for hundreds or even over 1,000 pounds, so it should never break on you.

I just completed my most recent set, a "Medium-Regular" size. I can make other sizes if you need them, I tend to make sizes at random, and see what sells.

There's also a "Hero" version, which is the best that I can make, and then there are "Stunt" versions, were to fill the need of a lower cost item, I assemble these from components that have cosmetic defects that I was unhappy with. This one, set #020, is one of those. Noticeably is the large "weld" area on the strip at the top of the loops.

It's listed on Etsy for $135, but I'll sell to anyone on the RPF for $125 shipped in the US. $158 international

Attachments

• USCM_Grenade_Harness_020_MR-5079.jpg
    USCM_Grenade_Harness_020_MR-5079.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 275
About 8 years ago I started making the "Ripley Grenade Harness", and call it that even though it's really a piece of USCM gear (United States Colonial Marine).

I've gotten really good at these, and I make them with military spec components, rivets, JB weld, and sewing. Each individual component is rated for hundreds or even over 1,000 pounds, so it should never break on you.

I just completed my most recent set, a "Medium-Regular" size. I can make other sizes if you need them, I tend to make sizes at random, and see what sells.

There's also a "Hero" version, which is the best that I can make, and then there are "Stunt" versions, were to fill the need of a lower cost item, I assemble these from components that have cosmetic defects that I was unhappy with. This one, set #020, is one of those. Noticeably is the large "weld" area on the strip at the top of the loops.

It's listed on Etsy for $135, but I'll sell to anyone on the RPF for $125 shipped in the US. $158 international
Definitely interested in a Hero one! Do you have pictures that show the differences between Hero and Stunt?

April 23rd, 2021 UPDATE

I have 3 more "Stunt Versions" in stock as of right now: Medium-Regular, Large-Regular, and Extra Large-Long.
I listed them in my Etsy shop for $160 each shipped (US)
Discounted to $155 through the RPF with PayPal, shipped price in the US. $175 International.

I have enough components to make a few more in other sizes, if you need a different size.

Attachments

• Medium_Regular-il_1140xN.3079522091_dzlq.jpg
    Medium_Regular-il_1140xN.3079522091_dzlq.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 99
August 2022, marks the first time, since I started making this harness 10 years ago, that all sizes (also variants), are in stock!

Medium-Regular "Hero Version" (Set #051)
Medium-Regular "Stunt Version" (Set #052)
Medium-Long "Hero Version" (Set #038)
Medium-Long "Stunt Version" (Set #043)
Large-Regular "Hero Version" (Set #032)
Large-Regular "Hero Version" (Set #048)
Large-Regular "Stunt Version" (Set #054)
Large-Long "Hero Version" (Set #049)
Large-Long "Stunt Version" (Set #041)
XLarge-Long "Hero Version" (Set #036)
XLarge-Long "Stunt Version" (Set #025)
XLarge-Regular "Hero" Version (Set #040)
XLarge-Regular "Stunt Version" (Set #033)

Attachments

• USCM_Grenade_Harness-0884-2425x2400.jpg
    USCM_Grenade_Harness-0884-2425x2400.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
I sell them on Etsy and eBay, but due to the fees, I can sell them directly for a lower price.

Originally, I had only made "HERO" versions. There was a demand for a less expensive and "not perfect" product, so I started making "STUNT" versions. The primary difference is the difference where the elastic loops end; either it's ended with being sewn in, or it's ended by being cut and sealed with heat, and is a little unsightly. There are also other minor cosmetic defects. So for instance, slightly misplaced rivets would be on a component that would not make it to a "HERO" harness, and would instead be set aside to make a "STUNT" harness. I go into this in detail on the Instructional Video that I made:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back