RIP Taylor Hawkins

Jaitea

Master Member
Very sad news

9F5D6D7F-1DBE-4EDB-A8C8-71E399F729BE.jpeg

I think we should celebrate them as a musician, but every time I see a musician or actor die of drugs, I think they need to have Kurtwood Smith pop up and yell "DUMB*SS!!!!!". It's not like they don't have a warning with the mile long list of celebrities that have died from drugs.

I think we should celebrate them as a musician, but every time I see a musician or actor die of drugs, I think they need to have Kurtwood Smith pop up and yell "DUMB*SS!!!!!". It's not like they don't have a warning with the mile long list of celebrities that have died from drugs.
Warnings? How about almost dying in 2001 and was in a two week coma, from an overdose? That should have been a big warning.

It is what it is.

Millions of people die from addictions, previous warnings or not.

I will say it's more startling & sad when it happens to somebody who has 'made it'. Musicians are known for flaming out early. Hawkins was past the peak danger age and he had a steady long-term successful band.

Heroin is a horrible drug. A heroin addict could be clean for twenty years but would still remain an addict, liable to fall down the hole they carry with them at any time if pushed the wrong way.
But we don't know if that was the case. People die from many kinds of medical issues.

I have a lot of sympathy for someone who, through absolutely no fault of their own, gets addicted to medication they were prescribed, like a lot of pain killers. Someone who searches it out for recreational use I only have sympathy for their family. Those are the people who really suffer.

A Rock star dying of Drugs and alcohol, how cliche, now with that being said, we all have our crosses to bear.

My deepest sympathy to his wife and children

I have a lot of sympathy for someone who, through absolutely no fault of their own, gets addicted to medication they were prescribed, like a lot of pain killers. Someone who searches it out for recreational use I only have sympathy for their family. Those are the people who really suffer.
People don't get hooked on hard drugs like heroin for funzies. Mushrooms, LSD, marijuana... those are recreational drugs. The people who do drugs like heroin are trying to numb pain, trying to feel something other than miserable. There's debilitating mental illnesses behind addiction like that.
No one says "I'll get addicted to heroin, that'll be fun". They say "How do I stop the anguish of existing for 10 damn minutes?"

Apparently, he had got hooked on it when he was young. It is difficult to avoid being around drugs and alcohol if you're a rock star, but still want to embrace the other aspects of that life.
Heroin can also be smoked, in which case you can get it into your system even if you don't want to.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back