RIP Steve Harwell of Smash Mouth

JediMichael

Master Member
While I wasn't really this big fan of them, I did enjoy a few of their songs.
But mostly, its that opening to Shrek that stands out the most. Not even my favorite song, but it still set the tone for the movie.
Either way, Steve had that recognizable voice. He was only 56 and died here at Boise, Idaho.....kinda weird that he he was probably like 20 to 30 mins from me. Depending on where he was at.

Time flies. I remember when they first broke out in the late 90s. You absolutely could not get away from the 'All Star' song/video when that 'Mystery Men' movie was coming out.

A rock singer dead of liver failure at 56? Ouch. That sounds like alcoholism. Addiction strikes again.

Last edited:
Time flies. I remember when they first broke out in the late 90s. You absolutely could not get away from the 'All Star' song/video when that 'Mystery Men' movie was coming out.

A rock singer dead of liver failure at 56? Ouch. That sounds like alcoholism. Addiction strikes again.
Oh yeah, second to being famous for being in Smash Mouth his alcohol fueled antics were what he was otherwise known for. Guy had been a train wreck for years.

Also just saw that today, September 4th was also the day Steve Irwin died, but 17 years ago. 2006.
Death of the Steves,17 years apart.
Irwin was only 44. Thats way to young.

Yeah, that's my understanding of how it works too. I didn't realise he was still an alcoholic though. Jeez that's sad.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back