RIP: Joel Goldsmith

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
David Arnold did the SG-1 theme song. Goldsmith did the score for all three shows. I loved his music, it's a shame.

SqueekinOrka

That's sad,i loved his music in Stargate especially Stargate:Atlantis. I agree IRONMAN,he went too young. :(

R.I.P. Joel,thank you for your music.

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
David Arnold did the SG-1 theme song. Goldsmith did the score for all three shows. I loved his music, it's a shame.
Not to argue too much in this thread, but why is David Arnold credited on the movie soundtrack as "music by" and mentioned solely in the movie commentary as the composer. No mention of a Goldsmith at all anywhere.

SG Merc

Well, this is still as sad today as it was in 2012.

On a brighter note, one of the cooler Stargate items I was able to get ahold of a few years back is a Stargate Continuum Soundtrack signed by Mr Goldsmith.

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, this is still as sad today as it was in 2012.

On a brighter note, one of the cooler Stargate items I was able to get ahold of a few years back is a Stargate Continuum Soundtrack signed by Mr Goldsmith.
Great thing to have :)
I feel like re-watching SG-1, on blu-ray, remastered in 1080p :(