RIP Joe Cocker

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

funboy1013xx

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I still remember belushi doing his version of "i get bye" on S.N.L. and my mom running in and saying "is that joe cocker?" and i didn't know who he was. and then seeing the "extended" video on MTV (when it was a cool channel) of joe cocker doing "unchain my heart" and was "wow" that was smooth and cool. for someone to make a "career" outta cover's mostly he was friggin AWESOME at it.

joberg

Master Member
I was surprised, with the abuse he subjected his body, that he lasted that long...every time I see the "Wonder Years" that song and that voice comes along and it brings great memories:) RIP Joe...

The Wook

Master Member
I didn't know of Joe Cocker until I saw Belushi impersonate him on SNL, circa 1975. And I didn't realize until a few minutes ago, when I stumbled upon this clip from The National Lampoon Lemmings Roadshow in 1973, that Belushi had been doing the bit for years. No wonder he'd perfected it so!

Watch the pre-SNL clip here, and see if you can spot two other big-time SNL Not-Ready-For-Primetime-Players in the band!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15addI6Es30

The Wook

Bigdaddy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
RIP Joe, if anybody could cover a Beatles track with soul, it was you. :cry

Last edited by a moderator: