Ring of Erreth Akbe WIP

sporgo

I have only just started on this project. There are only a few lines here and there in the Earthsea books which describe this ring so I dont have much to work from. If you know of any artist renderings that I may have missed clue me in. The only two I am aware of are the one in Tombs of Atuan and on the cover of the audio book for same.

As the story goes it is a small arm ring meant for a woman or child, not a ring at all. It is also described as "a rough bit of metal" and "not precious looking". It is supposed to be incredibly old. In keeping with that idea I tried to make it very ancient and rough or worn looking but I think I may have over done it... Let me know what you think.

This is only a very rough first draft/cast. The inner runes and the wave design for the outside is something that will have to be carved in much later on, once I am more sure of how I want this thing to look. I modeled this first try with Chavant clay and then cast it in pewter. All input and suggestions welcomed. :)

Last edited:
Damn. Missed this. Are you going to put the pics back up at some point? Would like to see...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back