RIFT PVP Armor Build WIP

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Chaos Costumes

Hi there! This is my first post here, and I have been nabbing resources from this site long enough that I figured that I'd start posting WIP. I will be fabricating this costume this January, attempting to at least finish the basics before PAX South.

I will be doing the female variant, but in the Defiant color and pattern. The female armor also has the pauldrons, bracers, and boots.
PVP_Guardian_Leather.jpg
PVP_Defiant_Leather.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Chaos Costumes

Drafting up the torso in photoshop to try and figure out the complexity of the layers.

I am experienced with leather working, but my sewing machine would be displeased with me if I told it to handle such a task, so I bought 3 yards of upholstery vinyl, also the amount of garment leather in this piece exceeds my budget.

The drawing in the middle will be craft foam+ Worbla, laminated in scaled fabric - the layers will slide over each other so I can bend my torso at least slightly.

I will be making the boobie framing dragons also out of EVA foam and Worbla - as for the heads, I may just make them out of solid Worbla or Apoxie Sculpt.

Anyone have some ideas on how I should make a good bone texture?

View attachment Bolero.jpg

Chaos Costumes

Drew up a the Bolero with the help of my friend, and made a DTD dress form so I can make patterns easier! I kinda want to make it all pretty, but that is most likely never going to happen. It's made with a t-shirt - 1.5 rolls of tape, and a roasted peanut jar lid for the neck - some scrap wood I had laying around, and bought the PVC special, since I wasn't in the mood to hand-cut a 2x2 for the same design. I cannibalized an old comforter and sleeping bag for the stuffing.

IMG_20150105_235014634.jpg