?? Riddler Staff ?? WIP

Jokerjack350

So a little back story... while doing my combine costumes I get a phone call from my older brother. His friend is having a fancey dress party and he needs a ridler staff from Batman Forever, Mr Jim Carreys staff.

So I got busy and this is my progress...

First I made a card template of the head of the staff...

PICT0082.jpg

Then I made multiple layers of card and wraped them in masking tape...

PICT0083.jpg

After that I lathered on some car filler and started to sand it flat...

PICT0086.jpg

More sanding and primering going down in lower grits of sand paper...

PICT0038.jpg

I then made the "nobbely" bit that conects the Head of the staff to the pole and glued them together and sealed it with some car filler...

PICT0041.jpg

After that I connected it to the pole....

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

next more sanding and primering then GOLD PAINT...

(anyone in the u.k know a place to get metalic gold paint PLEASE p.m me :D)

That's a great idea using cardboard to get the shape down. Looks really good so far can't wait to see it painted. great job dude!

THATS EXACTLY HOW I STARTED MINE!!!!! EVEN THE CUTTING BOARD IS THE SAME!!! but i tried to use plaster of paris :/ live and learn ha ill use your method now ha

great build

THATS EXACTLY HOW I STARTED MINE!!!!! EVEN THE CUTTING BOARD IS THE SAME!!! but i tried to use plaster of paris :/ live and learn ha ill use your method now ha

great build

Thanks man :) im going to try post some finished pic later, the person I built it for took it before i got a chance so il have to get my brother to get some:)

Car filler is nice and easy to work with, make sure what ever car filler you get that is easy sand :)

Never got a pic of the finished thing I'm going to email the guy I made it for and see if he can get a few for me.

would isopon p40 work

And I just googled the isopon and it should work I don't see why not :)

The stuff I used for this was "U-POL Easy Lite Body Filler "

But any type of polyester body filler should do the trick.
Also I don't use a mixture of carfiller and fiberglass resin on projects like this, much easier just applying the filler as is :)

Any more questions and I would be more then happy to answer them :).

Also btw I might be making plastic casts of the main "?" idol on top of the staff. (Depends if there alot of people that would buy one)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back