Riddick Knife Display

PeaceMaker

i thought about ordering my own set of riddick knives but i dont really like the table top display it comes with. could some of you guys show off your sets?

Here's mine.

riddicknives.jpg

This disply was the winner from my Riddick Knife Active Project.

I still have a bunch of the $10 wood display kits left and I'm sure Roman could provide the metal plaques if anyone is still looking for a way to display their knives.

Those displays are nice guys. Never know what you'll find new. Newbie, didn't even know you get the knives. Thanks, now I have something else to aquire..

JC :lol

Here's mine,

A little expanding foam, some scrap sheet metal, and a large shadow box. The plaque is from the DVD cover. Enjoy.

-Jon

Thanks wackychimp for the pic host...

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/SSRiddick_Knife.jpg[/image]

Originally posted by Boba Debt@Jan 30 2006, 06:08 PM
I believe the Knives Peace Maker is talking about are the inaccurate version sold with leather wrapped handles.
[snapback]1172172[/snapback]​

Yeah, Ebay is flooded with 'em and they usually go for, like, $1 with $30 shipping. Here's a picture of one. They have leather grips which would make for easier removal if you have the utility knife replacement grips. BUT, the blades appear to be painted or powder coated black which would need removal... more work.

1138723072_riddick.jpg

yea i odered those ones, i guess i prefer matte black blades to chrome ones ;) but it sounds like these blades can be converted to accurate riddick blades. can someone explain how? also how i can get one of those cool plaques you guys are showin off :p. thanks

Great displays..... Now I want to make new ones for my other Riddick knives

[attachmentid=6339]
[attachmentid=6338]
[attachmentid=6340]

Originally posted by PeaceMaker@Feb 1 2006, 04:28 AM
yea i odered those ones, i guess i prefer matte black blades to chrome ones ;)  but it sounds like these blades can be converted to accurate riddick blades. can someone explain how? also how i can get one of those cool plaques you guys are showin off :p. thanks
[snapback]1173155[/snapback]​

the handles are made from xacto utility knife handles.

i found a bunch at a local michaels just a few months back, were like 10 bucks each i think, then just put the knives in the handles, a little trimming on the insides of the handles, and the blades handle areas to fit the blades in the handles..... handles are chromed so need to be painted black after a little putty work, and your done, pretty easy really,

Originally posted by mez7+Jan 31 2006, 10:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mez7 @ Jan 31 2006, 10:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-PeaceMaker
@Feb 1 2006, 04:28 AM
yea i odered those ones, i guess i prefer matte black blades to chrome ones ;)  but it sounds like these blades can be converted to accurate riddick blades. can someone explain how? also how i can get one of those cool plaques you guys are showin off :p. thanks
[snapback]1173155[/snapback]​

the handles are made from xacto utility knife handles.

i found a bunch at a local michaels just a few months back, were like 10 bucks each i think, then just put the knives in the handles, a little trimming on the insides of the handles, and the blades handle areas to fit the blades in the handles..... handles are chromed so need to be painted black after a little putty work, and your done, pretty easy really,
[snapback]1173195[/snapback]​
[/b]

The utility knife handles that I have weren't chromed but were cheaply cast aluminum and just required a little scuffing before painting.

Peacemaker... The blades of the ones posted above aren't chromed either, it's just shiny stainless steel and can be easily dulled to appear as they did in the movie.

cool, so i ordered the black ones cus im low on cash. is there any chemicals that "melts away" paint?

also i think i found the handles. is this what you're talking about?
handles

Originally posted by SurferGeek@Feb 1 2006, 05:20 PM

The utility knife handles that I have weren't chromed but were cheaply cast aluminum and just required a little scuffing before painting.

[snapback]1173507[/snapback]​

wierd..... mine were chromed or plated, as were all the ones my friends or ones i saw in stores as well :unsure the outer finish was clearly different from the inside which was left plain aluminium.....

lol i must know your secret :)

on another note, MY BLADES ARRIVED TODAY.. :D :D :D :D
i like the balck finish but is there any way to remove it? it doesnt feel like paint. on ebay it 1 seller said it was a teflon finish. help? thanks

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back