Rick's Portal Gun, Micro Sized

matherton

I know yeah, what a great introductory thread for this account,

My friend's birthday is upcoming and I bought him a couple of rick and morty themed presents along with a lego mini fig that resembles him (a little silly extra) and I realised that the props that you get for them are atrocious so I took it into my own hands.

I started off with cutting a bit of a clothes hanger for the handle (perfect fit in the hands funnily enough) and made the body out of layers of styrene.
IMG_5557.JPGIMG_5556.JPG

I then sculpted the handle out of milliput as i'd run out of apoxie sculpt.
IMG_5561.JPG

At this point i wasn't happy with the scale of the body and rather painfully correcting it i just build a new one.

I then primed the body and used what I later found out, absolutely horrid paint that made it uneven but it's only tiny and I ran out of time,
then using a screw hole punch I cut out both the dial Knob and the base for the led and glued them on and added the led and screen!

p2.jpgp3.jpgp1.jpg

Last edited:
Jintosh I suppose I could yes, I've never really gone Into minifigs before it was more a one off for a friend that likes them but it would be fun to make a rick. Yes I do believe you can get some pretty cool custom ones!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back