Rick Grimes season 4/5 jacket

Zcoberly

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After searching for that really cool jacket rick grimes wears in the new season of the Walking Dead, I found from a post made by the wardrobe lady for the show that the jacket doesn't really exist. uploadfromtaptalk1423786649709.jpg

It turns out she found the jacket at a thrift store and heavily customized it

So my plan is to do the same!

I found a very nice, very similar jacket on ebay. First thing I noticed is that the jacket only has 1 snap on the cuffs, rick has 2. I emailed the eBay member and they told me they could put 2 snaps on the cuff. I also asked them to make the sleeves a little longer so they hang down past my hands.
uploadfromtaptalk1423786684166.JPG

On to the alterations. A few things stood out to me

-the overall length of the jacket
-the end of the collar should not sit horizontal they should be angled like in this pic
uploadfromtaptalk1423865247648.jpg

-the under side of the sleeves and the sides of the jacket are not suede like the rest of the jacket. As you can see in this promo pic.
uploadfromtaptalk1423865365695.jpg

The jacket got here 2 days ago and looks really great. Way better than I was expecting.
uploadfromtaptalk1423872148260.jpg

First thing I did was undo the bottom hem and I stripped put the sides and the under side of the sleeves.
I found the PERFECT fabric to replace it with....some sort of knit
It is hard to tell in this picture but it IS brown. I used the pieces I cut out as templates
uploadfromtaptalk1423872301455.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1423872322930.jpg

Pinning everything in place and off to the sewing ma ch ine
uploadfromtaptalk1423872357056.jpg

Could you post some more pics of the jacket or someone wearing it? I was thinking about purchasing this one and was unsure about the authenticity or feel of it and wanted some assurance

Very cool; I'm still perfecting my sewing skills but would love to take this project on.

any updates so far?

OK! Here we go! I forgot about the thread!!!

I finished this more than a year ago...woops!
View attachment 608120
View attachment 608122View attachment 608123View attachment 608124View attachment 608121
That looks amazingly accurate and spot on, nicely done! What kind of fabric did you use for the side and what exact color is it? I always thought it looked like some kind of light brown polyester, I thought about ordering a jacket as well and seeing if they can customize it to add the fabric on the side :p

After searching for that really cool jacket rick grimes wears in the new season of the Walking Dead, I found from a post made by the wardrobe lady for the show that the jacket doesn't really exist. View attachment 438398

It turns out she found the jacket at a thrift store and heavily customized it

So my plan is to do the same!

I found a very nice, very similar jacket on ebay. First thing I noticed is that the jacket only has 1 snap on the cuffs, rick has 2. I emailed the eBay member and they told me they could put 2 snaps on the cuff. I also asked them to make the sleeves a little longer so they hang down past my hands.
View attachment 438400
You dont have the link to where you got it? :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back