Rick Grimes screen accurate costume

Hey, everyone.

I’m working on a custom 1/6 scale Rick figure at the moment. Reading through the tread again is always helpful.

My question: What is the collective opinion on which dye color is should use for the s.8 Levi's Barstow shirt?

From top:
-Charcoal Grey
-Royal Blue
-Indigo
162323B2-D07B-414A-B086-5C808AE52946.jpeg

Here is the base color of the shirt I’m using now:
IMG_0992.jpeg

(I’m thinking maybe charcoal and then rinse out the color. Similar to what I did with the Salt Valley shirt. Distress and weather after.)

Anyways, I figure this could not only help me but maybe others wanting to dye their actual Levi’s shirts. I would love to know what everyone’s thoughts are. Thank you.

Last edited:
I got my pair of Lamas today. I tried to photograph them each in the same position and creases as the shot of Danai holding the boots.
I had to shoot each boot individually to them to sit right. I resized them to match then cropped them all down the middle like I did before then mirrored each image so I could mate them up with the same boot from the Danai photo. Here is the result and I think this should remove all doubt that she is holding Lamas.

View attachment 1284303

Then I did the same thing with a screen shot from the episode where she picks them up.
I tried to photograph my Justin and Lama boots from the same angle with the same fold.
Strangely enough, my TLs folded easily the same way the screen boots do but the Justins wouldn't.
They are cut differently. The foot portion at the heel goes up the back an inch higher on the TLs.
I resized my photos so they matched the screen boot then removed all the background, cropped my boots down the middle then lined them up as mirror images with the screen shot. With them side by side you can see the Tony Lama pattern quite clearly where the Justin just doesn't work.
I am satisfied that the boots she picks up in the show are the Tony Lamas too.

View attachment 1284346

If I come across a better picture of the boot full of water I will do the same but I would say that at the very least, the Tony Lamas are the boots Michonne finds in her final episode. Whether they were actually on his feet and on camera is another mystery but the water pour shot would seem to say they were.

I read an article where Womble talks about how destroyed the Justin boots were by the time she left the show after season 6 so maybe someone will get a chance to ask Montalvo about them. There was still a pair of Justins out there as they are sitting on the blanket while they have a picnic in season 9.
Speaking of Michonne--and those Justins did go through heck--I'd really love to know if anyone has seen a crafter who makes a really accurate Michonne leather vest with the jetted pockets, laced up sides and no collar. What shade of brown is her vest in maybe...HTML color codes? (I apologize for straying. I couldn't find a post about this item and with the Rick and Michonne series coming next year...people are excited.)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I know someone has not said anything in a while. But does anyone know how to get the look of Rick during the season five finale witth the blood and dirt. And also does anybody know what bandages are used for him.
1689185346142.png

Hey, everyone.

I’m working on a custom 1/6 scale Rick figure at the moment. Reading through the tread again is always helpful.

My question: What is the collective opinion on which dye color is should use for the s.8 Levi's Barstow shirt?

From top:
-Charcoal Grey
-Royal Blue
-Indigo
View attachment 1702301

Here is the base color of the shirt I’m using now:
View attachment 1702302

(I’m thinking maybe charcoal and then rinse out the color. Similar to what I did with the Salt Valley shirt. Distress and weather after.)

Anyways, I figure this could not only help me but maybe others wanting to dye their actual Levi’s shirts. I would love to know what everyone’s thoughts are. Thank you.
im thinking try the charcoal aswell

Hi everyone, I know someone has not said anything in a while. But does anyone know how to get the look of Rick during the season five finale witth the blood and dirt. And also does anybody know what bandages are used for him.
View attachment 1718672
the bandages look like they are just small pieces of gauze cut to cover the cuts and the blood dirt mixture you could try and mix of fake blood and Hershey chocolate Syrup funny enough people make fake blood out of syrup all the time lol

Gone through the pages a few times and I just wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on them. So are these the “most accurate” rick boots that are still readily available to purchase?

Gone through the pages a few times and I just wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger on them. So are these the “most accurate” rick boots that are still readily available to purchase?

No. Hold your fire! These are not the same as the ones mentioned. The Justin 2222 are the originals seen throughout the episodes but the Tony Lama boots were seen in a behind the scenes photo, in Michonnes hands in her last episode and at Ricks campsite in the finale. The model # has not been verified as there are a few versions and the boots may have been aged/colored by the wadrobe dept so the color tones don’t match. The stitch pattern is confirmed but its not the ones in your sample. The SU boots are an older version and you can see the stitches are not nearly the same. The boots are no longer available from Tony Lama.
1695740653227.png

Last edited:
No. Hold your fire! These are not the same as the ones mentioned. The Justin 2222 are the originals seen throughout the episodes but the Tony Lama boots were seen in a behind the scenes photo, in Michonnes hands in her last episode and at Ricks campsite in the finale. The model # has not been verified as there are a few versions and the boots may have been aged/colored by the wadrobe dept so the color tones don’t match. The stitch pattern is confirmed but its not the ones in your sample. The SU boots are an older version and you can see the stitches are not nearly the same. The boots are no longer available from Tony Lama. View attachment 1743476
Darn! I knew it couldn’t be that easy. Haha thank you for the info!

Hey new here. Need some advice on getting a holster for my python. Just got a safety speed duty belt and loader pouch as well as a 2020 colt python. I desperately need a holster for it and have found how hard it is to come across them (and how expensive lol). I know there was someone making great replicas but not sure if they still do. If anyone has a replica holster they would be willing to sell or lead me in the right direction on where to get one I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Who here has modded their tobacco field all the way? Please drop your pics for references or shoot me a pm! Hoping to take some photos to my tailor to see if she’s up for it. If you know someone who has successfully altered one in the US, please let me know their info and if they could do mine!

Hey guys, I'm wondering where to find the season 3 salt valley highpoint western shirt that Rick used to wear in the prison? Thx in advance!
That shirt is THE HOLY GRAIL of shirts. I can’t find it anywhere. That exact shirt is so hard to find that I think people who
Have them won’t let them go or are gonna charge a crazy amount for it. I’m almost ready to just try to make the damn thing myself

That shirt is THE HOLY GRAIL of shirts. I can’t find it anywhere. That exact shirt is so hard to find that I think people who
Have them won’t let them go or are gonna charge a crazy amount for it. I’m almost ready to just try to make the damn thing myself
This is wrong. Funny enough, that shirt is easily THE most common Rick shirt and they tend to go from $5 up to $100 but they're usually in the $20-40 range.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back