Rick Grimes Colt python

kysupernatural

Ok..here goes. .simple question. .lol does anyone know for 100% sure if ricks python is nickel or stainless finish? And not to make anyone mad. .lol their proof that they're right.

That is a great site but have found many inconsistencies on that site as it is only people who submit that information and have found a few wrong statements myself. .has anyone seen behind the scenes videos where the prop guy discusses the pistol? . Screenshot_2016-03-21-13-48-52-1.png

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see in the above photo his watch band and Pistol match almost exactly and his watchband I'm sure is stainless steel with that being said nickel can appear stainless and vice versa depending on lighting and tarnishing

That is a great site but have found many inconsistencies on that site as it is only people who submit that information and have found a few wrong statements myself. .has anyone seen behind the scenes videos where the prop guy discusses the pistol? .View attachment 606345

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see in the above photo his watch band and Pistol match almost exactly and his watchband I'm sure is stainless steel with that being said nickel can appear stainless and vice versa depending on lighting and tarnishing

Im fairly certain the gun in this pic is a stunt prop. Either resin or rubber, not metal. Look at the weathering on the mag cylinder. But I would also say his Colt is nickel plated regardless.

Agreed that it's probably nickel as well but was just wanting a definitive answer was wondering if anyone had seen any behind the scenes videos or documentaries concerning weapons and they actually mention Rick's pistol I remember the cover of Entertainment Weekly butt I do not have that picture. . But once again in pictures it's hard to tell due to lighting

There have been a few different finishes on the stunt props ranging from painted with mirra chrome to cast in color.

There have been a few different finishes on the stunt props ranging from painted with mirra chrome to cast in color.

Definitely agree with that. I just want you know what the hero prabhas which is a real Colt Python.. Rumor Has It that it's hard to get the gun away from Andrew Lincoln between takes because he is so much a part of that weapon

Been wondering this myself. I would “hope” it’s bright stainless as stainless doesn’t rust and is easier maintained. Can’t remember where I read/heard it at, but the props department obtained all their weapons from a weapons rental place in Georgia I believe. You may want to search in your free time to see if there’s any such place(s) near Senoia/Atlanta that specialize in renting out weapons to motion pictures/tv series’s. Then calling them one by one to inquire.

The Python was made in stainless too. A polished stainless and a nickel finish on camera are going to look pretty much the same, and then you throw in stunt props, holster props, close up non firing hero props. And with Judith using it now, it's pretty much always going to be a stunt gun, or an airsoft gun. And yeah, IMFDB is loaded with incorrect information, guesses, and assumptions. It's user edited.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back