Rick Grimes aka Andrew Lincoln leaving the Walking Dead

I haven't been watching the show for years now for much of the same reasons why I stopped reading the comics: it doesn't want to end. Originally, the comics were going to be 70-some issues but then it got picked up and (though it's fanbase was already large at that point) it grew even bigger than it was, and the limited run series turned into an indefinite run.

Though the show was and can be goofy sometimes, Rick was the glue that held the show together. I doubt anyone's going to stay for the attraction of Norman Reedus.

TWD is the story of Rick. No Rick, no point really. Do they really think Daryl can carry the show another 4 seasons? Without Rick as a foil, the point of having Negan alive is blown as well.

Been a long time coming, I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did, the shooting of that show can be brutal

I think the series has still got some good stuff left in it, but I think Rick should have died by now and I respect his character a lot less now.

He's been inconsistent in his actions from his words and you just don't trust what he's going to do anymore. I don't really root for him. I would have been satisfied if Rick and Negan mortally wounded each other and died on the same episode. He's just been a big screw-up that is becoming a liability on the rest of the group.

The whole show is essentially Rick's story. Without him there really is no show. He was pretty much the sole reason I would watch anyway. Could care less about Daryl.

Dammit all to hell. Would you consider that a spoiler?

Well, to be fair the OP does have "EVIL" right there in his name.

Rick leaving the show won't mean much to the show. Fear already does the same thing without Rick, and I'm sure the executives in charge of the shows have said that out loud in meetings.

The whole show is essentially Rick's story. Without him there really is no show. He was pretty much the sole reason I would watch anyway. Could care less about Daryl.
At one point, there was speculation that the comic book was really the story of Carl.

I guess they can't exactly go that route any more

Wonder if they should have killed off Rick instead of Carl....but at the same time, I know plenty of people didn't like Carl.
I still haven't even watched the last few episodes of season 8. I want to, but at the same time, don't care.

I gave up on this show with the fake Glenn death. At that point, it was crystal clear that the writers were crap and the show had lost direction and was only going for cheap thrills. That plus the eventual formula of starting a season with some big event, then nothign happens til the mid-season finale, then another big event, then nothing happens til the finale. Stuff that might've taken one issue in the comics gets blown into an entire half season.

I gave up on the comics, too, and found that it suffered from similar production issues, in that it gradually felt like less and less story was being used to stretch into more and more pages. Mostly through the use of visually impressive splash pages, but where the story didn't actually move all that much. The comics were great until Negan showed up, at which point it just felt like the whole thing went off the rails.

Neat concept, crappy execution, and one where it NEEDS to end, eventually.

Yeah, they really need to put this show to bed. I think Fear could still have a few good seasons left, but Original Recipe has lost all its flavor.

I gave up on this show with the fake Glenn death. At that point, it was crystal clear that the writers were crap and the show had lost direction and was only going for cheap thrills. That plus the eventual formula of starting a season with some big event, then nothign happens til the mid-season finale, then another big event, then nothing happens til the finale. Stuff that might've taken one issue in the comics gets blown into an entire half season.
I cant stand that *****. I know season 7 started off with Glenn and Abrahams deaths but I dont remember what happens for the rest of the season until the very last episode. There's just way too many filler episodes on the show.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back