Rick from "Rick and Morty" Costume Question--Need Some Opinions Here

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gimpdiggity

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone.

I'm going to be working on putting together a Rick costume from "Rick and Morty."

It's going to be fairly basic. Just a lab coat, brown pants, belt, and shoes really.

What I'm trying to decide is on the hair. The face isn't an issue, but the hair presents a couple of options for me.

My first idea was to go with a wig and style it. I found this wig here that seems to be about the same color, and it's long enough that it could probably be styled into spikes so that it looked the part. Heck, it almost looks like it kind of comes spikey just the way it is.

My other idea, though, was to make the hair from 5mm EVA foam, and paint it so that it's the light blue color.

I was thinking that by doing it with the EVA foam, I would be able to have the spikes for the hair look more like triangles than just spikes, and I was thinking that it might look more "animated" that way.

Any thoughts are welcome. When you guys see or do costumes from animated shows, do they typically use wigs or are people doing other things for the hair?

Thanks!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.