Limited Run Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 Trench Coat By ELS

From the appearance of fabric throughout the film as well as how, as previous comments have also stated, the coat gets drenched, I'm of the belief that coat is probably not coated in any kind of waterproofing.

Hello friends,
I searched about fabric details, so we are able to produce water resistance fabric but I'm still looking the perfect match fabric.
I saw wool blended fabric that looks good to me, I'll share with you guys next.
Currently we are on our Eid holidays as I reached back to work I'll complete this coat's collar with more perfections.

Stay,

I'm reading this thread with GREAT interest. FINALLY, someone is nailing the collar!

The sleeve details, the wrap around bands seen on the first page of this thread, seem just a little bit high up the sleeve to me, compared to the movie coat. The movie coat wrist wraps also seem a bit tighter, with fuller sleeves, than the prototype.

I've always wanted one and your prototype collar have my credit card buzzing.

Have a better one.

Last edited:
I'm reading this thread with GREAT interest. FINALLY, someone is nailing the collar!

The sleeve details, the wrap around bands seen on the first page of this thread, seem just a little bit high up the sleeve to me, compared to the movie coat. The movie coat wrist wraps also seem a bit tighter, with fuller sleeves, than the prototype.

I've always wanted one and your prototype collar have my credit card buzzing.

Have a better one.
Thank you for pointing sleeve tabs placement.
I'll fix it in this current sample.

Comparing cuff placement and wider sleeve.
Cuff placement.jpg

Definitely looking forward to this project. one thing I've noticed about the screen use material is that is was pretty wrinkly. It definitely didn't have the weight or thickness of what a traditional trench coat like a London Fog had. As far as color goes I think depending on what scene you're looking at that coat color changes everything from a light Orange to a rust to a Brown lol oh I would just match it up to what natural lighting look like in the Bonham auction.

Last edited:
First, watching with extreme interest.

The collar segment at the end with the straps and no ribbing looks a tad too long an the straps a tad bit narrow?

It could be camera angle but the ribbing looks closer together on Deckard.

With that being said, the shape of the collar and how it lays looks really good!

To clarify, is this with the foam or with out for mock up ? (ribbing)
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg
?
%2Fcc%2F63%2F10%2Fcc63103b804ef35d6c2f685e6c24dd56.jpg
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Both Collar straps are not equal size in movie coat, that's why i changed the size.
This collar is without ribbing, just put foam to checking the shape.

Attachments

• IMG-20220506-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20220506-WA0007.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 74
First, watching with extreme interest.

The collar segment at the end with the straps and no ribbing looks a tad too long an the straps a tad bit narrow?

It could be camera angle but the ribbing looks closer together on Deckard.

With that being said, the shape of the collar and how it lays looks really good!

To clarify, is this with the foam or with out for mock up ? (ribbing)
View attachment 1572811?View attachment 1572812View attachment 1572813
You are right, our collar tab looks slightly long along with straps.
I'll look into that.

The shape and length of the latest collar is looking fantastic! Interesting observation about the length of the collar tabs.

It's raining here in Oregon today. Another reason to buy one of these when they are ready.

The width of the ribbing on the collar seems a little too thick to me at a glance. Not sure if others here can provide the exact measurements for the spacing between the rib lines (Egon would probably know better than I do). The ribbing also seems a little too thick; not sure if weathering/washing the jacket might help give it more of the film look, or if the padding needs to be reduced. Again, just my opinion at a glance--I'm definitely not as big an expert on this coat, so maybe others will correct me.

You are right johncarbon, Ribbing slightly thick due to used thick elastic inside collar.
That I won't use in my new sample, you can count it as updated mock-up.

I was experimenting with different material and size, in my first collar, used elastic with foam and size was 4" all around, , in second I used only foam with same previous size, and in last collar, elastic with foam and reduce tab, and increased size from center back now collar size 4" to 4.5".
First Collar.jpg
Second Collar.jpg
Third Collar.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_195302_266 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220506_195302_266 (1).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 64

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back