Limited Run Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 Trench Coat By ELS

Jameel Ur

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

Edit: Final version images, Egyptian cotton fabric sample, before dying and after dying images.
Here are new updated coat images.
New updates: You can send me over an email at excellentleather2012@gmail.com for your orders, or you can place your order at https://excellentleathershop.com.
The coat price is $500 including shipping, made to measure.

Fox Lidstone Coat 4.jpg
Fox Lidstone Coat.jpg
IMG_20220725_181956_677.jpg
Fox Lidstone Coat 2.jpg

Last edited:
Very, very interestted depending on price, final product, etc.

For me it has to be better than my very cheap Ebay coat. Honestly some higher end ones don't look any different so it comes down to how it looks, etc.

The collar is key. Does it look right up, down, wrapped around the neck, etc.

Can it be ironed is important as the coat should be worn looking but not like it was folded in a UPS box.

Buttons, stitching, quilting of the collar, belt length all uber important.

Nice, crisp outdoor pics are always nice.

Very excited about this. I can't wait to see the final coat.

BTW please explain upfront how you will handle sales for this.

This is joint venture of BigEffectProps and Excellent Leather Shop, you can buy from Big effect store or our ELS website.
You can iron on it, buttons, stitching and fitting would be top notch quality as our previous products.
"The collar is the key", true. we have to redo the sample with accurate collar.

Stay in touch,

Obviously the collar is iconic, and needs to be just right. But please share if there are other details you think have been done wrong in the past!

Hello guys,
I have a question about Deckard coat color.
What should we use for our coats, brown (as we used in prototype) or light golden color?
Hey Mechanismo and Egon please advise!
Rick Deckard Coat.jpg
a7889d861d21fbfd0292d35afc3206c9.jpg

Looks like it's well put together. But yes, nailing the iconic collar is essential. At the moment, it's far too small. Egon's build would be a great place to make inroads in that department.

Very, very interestted depending on price, final product, etc.

For me it has to be better than my very cheap Ebay coat. Honestly some higher end ones don't look any different so it comes down to how it looks, etc.

The collar is key. Does it look right up, down, wrapped around the neck, etc.

Can it be ironed is important as the coat should be worn looking but not like it was folded in a UPS box.

Buttons, stitching, quilting of the collar, belt length all uber important.

Nice, crisp outdoor pics are always nice.

Very excited about this. I can't wait to see the final coat.

BTW please explain upfront how you will handle sales for this.
Smiling reading this entire thread. I didn't have K's coat all of a week and I was already eyeing Deckard's for the rainier seasons in New York.

I spoke with Jameel briefly, and my impression was (and Zlurpo can correct me if I'm wrong or speaking out of line) that pricing would be in the sweet spot between the Magnoli and the cheaper costume coats (ie, not as expensive as Magnoli, but not as cheap as an eBay knockoff), with the expectation that this would be as much a functional garment as a costume piece.

It would certainly help me (and maybe others in this thread) to see more photos of the coat ON someone, ideally someone wearing a blazer jacket underneath like Deckard does. I'm largely ignorant of the finer details on this coat, but from these photos, at a glance, the sleeves look a little too narrow, like they might be too tight a fit with a blazer underneath. I'm not saying they ARE too narrow, I'm saying that's what they look like to me. Happy to hear input from other people here.

I know Egon mentioned the buttons having to be corrected. Are they a special kind of button? Wondering if they'll need to be custom fabricated for this.

Not sure if this helps. I know there's a color version floating around online somewhere, but this should help illustrate how the collar should look when up. I don't think he ever wears it up in the film, but it's a cool feature, and obviously one the K coat paid tribute to design-wise.
HarrisonFord_BladeRunner.gif

Hi Jameel. That's looking very promising! I think the key to cracking Deckard's collar is the curvature it has. These pictures I think are a good indicator of what I mean:

1651079775492.png

This is also why the few retailers of the Deckard coat fail miserably, with the sides of the collar coming down at a pretty much a straight angle, devoid of any curvature as seen here:

1651079972170.png

That curvature is obviously the perfect combo of nailing the accurate pattern with the right construction/structure. Again, this is something that Egon was very successful at achieving. Lot's of trial and error for sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back