Rhino - Armored Suit interpretation

virg012

There was some concept art for the Rhino from the Amazing Spiderman movie which I really liked, instead of the suit which made it into the final movie. This was my idea starting with foam pep files along with some help getting the base suit made. There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything. Let me know what you think, give me some suggestions. I still have to add some small LEDs in the vents on the neck.

I am planning on taking this to Dragon Con this year and would love to meet up with some Puny Peter Parkers.....

Rhino Pep.jpgIMG_1682.JPGIMG_1683.JPGIMG_1684.JPGIMG_1686.JPGIMG_1687.JPG

That's looking pretty cool, like the boots. You've got a good finish on the foam as well

I think it'll look good with some LEDs in there, what colour are you planning to use and what kind of effect are you going for? Could possibly look good with some illumination from the lower areas of the collar but inside if that makes any sense.

A couple of people has asked about the concept art which inspired this suit. Here are the 2 concepts from Tsvetomir Georgiev
5S7Z5NO.jpgBest-rhino-concept-art-from-the-amazing-spider-man-2-ive-seen.jpg

That's looking pretty cool, like the boots. You've got a good finish on the foam as well

I think it'll look good with some LEDs in there, what colour are you planning to use and what kind of effect are you going for? Could possibly look good with some illumination from the lower areas of the collar but inside if that makes any sense.

Make the inside neck illuminated with LEDs? I have several dot LEDs which I might try that out. Great idea! Thanks

I saw your suit posted on RAWs facebook, looks great so far! What was the turnaround on the commission?

I saw your suit posted on RAWs facebook, looks great so far! What was the turnaround on the commission?

It's gonna be 2 months for a basic build which give you time savings, cuts and gluing skills, if you don't possess those. The foam suit stills needs to be sealed a couple of times, modified for comfort because of reality vs expectations (hmmm, i thought that would be longer, that's not gonna work), priming, painting, details, electronics and personal style items still need to be accomplished.

Awesome suit, I chatted with you for a few at the Marvel shoot. I was one of the many Captain Americas. You also remind me of Patrick Warburton and think you would make a great Tick.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back