Rhino - Armored Suit interpretation

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

virg012

There was some concept art for the Rhino from the Amazing Spiderman movie which I really liked, instead of the suit which made it into the final movie. This was my idea starting with foam pep files along with some help getting the base suit made. There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything. Let me know what you think, give me some suggestions. I still have to add some small LEDs in the vents on the neck.

I am planning on taking this to Dragon Con this year and would love to meet up with some Puny Peter Parkers.....

Rhino Pep.jpgIMG_1682.JPGIMG_1683.JPGIMG_1684.JPGIMG_1686.JPGIMG_1687.JPG

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ikras

That's looking pretty cool, like the boots. You've got a good finish on the foam as well

I think it'll look good with some LEDs in there, what colour are you planning to use and what kind of effect are you going for? Could possibly look good with some illumination from the lower areas of the collar but inside if that makes any sense.

virg012

A couple of people has asked about the concept art which inspired this suit. Here are the 2 concepts from Tsvetomir Georgiev
5S7Z5NO.jpgBest-rhino-concept-art-from-the-amazing-spider-man-2-ive-seen.jpg

virg012

That's looking pretty cool, like the boots. You've got a good finish on the foam as well

I think it'll look good with some LEDs in there, what colour are you planning to use and what kind of effect are you going for? Could possibly look good with some illumination from the lower areas of the collar but inside if that makes any sense.
Make the inside neck illuminated with LEDs? I have several dot LEDs which I might try that out. Great idea! Thanks

virg012

Awesome! really nice work.
Thanks man, this does mean a lot coming from you. Steel Works Custom Designs was awesome to work with

"We have the tools, we have the talent"
Winston Zeddemore

Last edited by a moderator:

Igniitus

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I saw your suit posted on RAWs facebook, looks great so far! What was the turnaround on the commission?

virg012

I saw your suit posted on RAWs facebook, looks great so far! What was the turnaround on the commission?
It's gonna be 2 months for a basic build which give you time savings, cuts and gluing skills, if you don't possess those. The foam suit stills needs to be sealed a couple of times, modified for comfort because of reality vs expectations (hmmm, i thought that would be longer, that's not gonna work), priming, painting, details, electronics and personal style items still need to be accomplished.

virg012

So, what a difference a good paintjob makes. Here's the finished horns on the helmet which match the toes.
IMG_1251.JPGIMG_1250.JPG

STLAssassin

Awesome suit, I chatted with you for a few at the Marvel shoot. I was one of the many Captain Americas. You also remind me of Patrick Warburton and think you would make a great Tick.