Rex-Huntress *Update 21-10-09*

that looks amazing cant wait to see it saturday!.....bit worried though starting to think mine looks a bit cack compared to some of the others going

john

wow, you have a ruddy great facehugger on your back, looks awesome. bob huggers and a face hugger, love it!
can't wait to see you all on sat. i'll not be in my suit but see you then

I got my backpack this morning, its a AVP dragon skin fibre glass one and its very heavy, im quite small too so i have a problem, how to i attach it to the back of my suit without putting too much strain on my back? hulp lol

Tetsuo,

Excellent suit!

About the backpack, thats a tough one, given the style of armor you have in front.... you'd need to find something that covers the strap that goes across the front, and do the shoulder straps differently.... maybe one each side vertically in front, going over the shoulder and crossing in the back?

What I did was have a strap that goes around me at the ribcage and attached to it is one that goes over the shoulder; the backpack attaches to the uppermost part in the picture. Its all one piece of webbing, sewn at the side for strength...

Here's the strap I used (those black things are those quick-releases that are used for fannypacks, camping stuff, etc.)

IMG_1137.jpg

and the size of the backpack it supports:

IMG_1150.jpg

---
Ei'luj

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

I'm a tad late in responding, having only joined a few days ago but I must give credit where credit is due...Nice job Tetsuo. I checked out your video and that giant face hugger on the back of your cape is a really nice touch. I look forward to your further updates!

is it bad that i completley forgot about my thread? 0.o...bad crack! anyway! thanks for the backpack tip ei' but in the end i didnt wear it, its just too heavy for my small frame, shame really : ( i might end up selling it on to get a latex one. anyway i have done some stuff on my pred since the last update i just didnt take photo's and show it before i finalised her in the completed suit room...fail. i will post photos this afternoon.

Also on a note; ive been looking round for others of my 1:1 facehugger but i cant seem to find it ANYWHERE their all vynil kits or the nasty rubies mask thing...anyone got any idea's where its from or what year it is?

is it bad that i completley forgot about my thread? 0.o...bad crack! anyway! thanks for the backpack tip ei' but in the end i didnt wear it, its just too heavy for my small frame, shame really : ( i might end up selling it on to get a latex one. anyway i have done some stuff on my pred since the last update i just didnt take photo's and show it before i finalised her in the completed suit room...fail. i will post photos this afternoon.

Also on a note; ive been looking round for others of my 1:1 facehugger but i cant seem to find it ANYWHERE their all vynil kits or the nasty rubies mask thing...anyone got any idea's where its from or what year it is?

Tetsuo,

re: backpack You're welcome :rolleyes:

I think somebody makes smaller ones, the one I have is big, now that I look at that pic... but then its just the armor, no head or dreads to balance it out....
celtic_warrior here had an AVP set for sale and the backpack is small, I just asked him who made it http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=14959

re: facehugger

I got a plushie one at Dragon*Con this year, cost about 25 bucks... I didn't keep the cardboard to find the manufacturer, but I did a Google search and found a place that sells em; here's the link, they're out of em at the moment... http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/c534/?cpg=106H

---
Ei'luj

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=14959[/url]

re: facehugger

I got a plushie one at Dragon*Con this year, cost about 25 bucks... I didn't keep the cardboard to find the manufacturer, but I did a Google search and found a place that sells em; here's the link, they're out of em at the moment... http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/c534/?cpg=106H

---
Ei'luj

thats awesome XD but i might just make it so my huntress dosent use a cannon, ive seen afew with no backpacks, plus dosent harm to be different ive seen that facehugger before but the one ive got on my back is latex and has a mouth piece on the underside so you can wear it on your face 0.o

thats awesome XD but i might just make it so my huntress dosent use a cannon, ive seen afew with no backpacks, plus dosent harm to be different :) ive seen that facehugger before but the one ive got on my back is latex and has a mouth piece on the underside so you can wear it on your face 0.o

Celtic_warrior said that the smaller backpacks were done by Snyder & co.

They've been slow on things, so your best bet is to keep an eye out in Buy & Sell for a used one, if you do decide later to go with a cannon and need something to put it on.

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back