REWARD! prop related...please identify

obee1

hey guys....i know you can do this. here is one of a set of what appears to be a common item used on the Zorro cape chian in his movies. this is a picture of the real screen used one. obviously it is the size of a quarter. the small "nut" on the post screws off. my initial thoughts were a cufflink or something.

i have not been able to find it on my own. the first person who identifies this and can provide me a picture of it available to purchase will get $100 by payapl. let the hunting begin....

Mvc-007s.jpg

Mvc-006s.jpg

Mvc-002s.jpg

Mvc-004s.jpg

zorroslide3.jpg

zorrocollarorig.jpg

zorrocollar1.jpg

zorrocollarorig_2.jpg

Looks like a piece from a Tallis holder....a Tallis is a shawl like object that is used in the Jewish religion during times in the temple. To hold the tallis two decorative clips or pieces like shown above are connected by a chain. Check ebay or do a google search and you will see others....not to sure of the spelling of tallis....

it could be custom...i just don't think it is. i don't believe the embroidery on the hat was custom either. it looks like stock stuff that has just been glued on. in its original state it is yellow.....but for the film it is aged to look silver. if it was custom made they probably would have started out by making it silver.

i am just hoping here.....

i just added another pic to show the chain that attaches 2 of these pieces. from the way this thing goes together i don't think it is a tallis chain or clip. the style of these is not Jewish either.

the post on them is toooo thick to be a tie tack.

any other ideas?

i just added a pic of them from the movie. as well as pics of them from display on the real cape. i don't own the real ones so i can't get a better side pic just yet but i will work on it.

Originally posted by THEWRAPOFCONS@Mar 22 2006, 01:01 PM
It looks like a cufflink from the 50's to me, the chain is easy to find, I have one sitting on my desk as we speak.
[snapback]1211084[/snapback]​

I actually disagree. I went and looked at mine and I have no cufflinks that are anywhere near the size of a quarter. Look at the pic from the shoot, those would be some big honking cufflinks. Mine are between the size of a dime and a nickel. Those things are almost small broaches.

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Mar 22 2006, 08:16 PM
well, if it has a nut on the back then it would be some kind of furnature piece I would think. Check Antique shops for dressers, lamps, keepsake boxes, it seems along those lines to me.
something like this
http://www.knobgallery.com/shop/display/6626
[snapback]1211166[/snapback]​

most knobs are threaded internally......there is nothing to keep this piece from sliding all the way through a hole drilled in the drawer. a knob would stop on the outside of the drawer and a screw would pass through the hole to thread inside it.

im leaning towards a cloak or cape chain myself.

i have a buckle kinda like this at the house, and some buttons as well. more ivory instead of the other, and the connectors are a bit different. still, might be vintage.

chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back