Review of monsterroom's Dreads

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I have been dying for dreads for a very long time and now I finally have two sets of 45 dreads that will go on my DBP1 and Mander Wolf. I literally just opened the box, laid them out and took the picture just a few minutes ago.

This is what 85 dreads looks like...check it out:

IMG_4325.jpg

I purchased these from monsterroom and I HIGHLY suggest that if you are looking for dreads you look no further because these are the ****. Right after I'm done posting this, I'm off to drop them in the sink and wash them in some sudsy water, squeeze the excess water out and let them dry.

Once that's all done I will begin attaching them to my masks with some thick cyanoacrylate (Flash super glue). I also have Flashtac which is an accelerator for the glue. How does that work you may ask? Well the idea is that I glue the dread to the mask and then I spray the accelerator onto any exposed superglue. The glue hardens instantly and there is no waiting around holding the dread for 30-60 seconds while the glue dries. It makes using super glue a LOT quicker and there is less chance of me getting it on my hands while I wait for the glue to dry.

Ok...time to go wash some dreads...more to come later, so keep checking back to see the progress as I attach them to my 2 heads...:)

IMG_4325.jpg

Congrats on your first set of dreads. :) I've never heard of anyone washing their dreads in the sink, so curious as to what made you do that?

These dreads are actually my third and fourth sets. I bought my first 2 sets of dreads from monsterroom and Bambooie about 2 years ago. The first set of monsterrooms were textured and bumpy...they are currently on my P1 suit:

My very first set of monsterroom dreads from 2 years ago:
IMG_4330.jpg

These are a set of Bambooies from 2 years ago:
IMG_4331.jpg

These new dreads from monsterroom are not bumpy but rather they are smooth. I personally like both smooth and bumpy dreads...I don't have a preference really so I actually like both monsterroom AND Bambooies.

The reason for washing them in sudsy water: to remove the mold release and it makes them softer. Jay even includes those instructions with his dreads.

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

Do you know how long bambooie´s new dreads are?
Bambooie isnt making new dreads but his were around 24 to 26" also he only had the one size where Jay has 2 sizes. He just sent me samples of his new dreads to check them out and they are absolutly awsome.

Thanks for posting this, reading a review is really helpful, especially for those like me who are abroad and don't want to spend out alot of money only to find out that they are not what you wanted.

Great review and now I can get some for my HS resin bust.

Just curious as to why you left the seams on?

Wasn't someone making these without seams?

Paul

P1 and Wolf have dreads! Only took 3 hours for both heads. I only used Super Glue to glue them on.

Its important to start with the bottom layer of dreads and move your way to the top.

P1:
IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

Wolf:
IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

Left over cut up dreads:
IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

Until I put the dreads rings on, the dreads stick out looking a little abnormal. The rings add weight and make the dreads fall and look more natural.

IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

Its important to start with the bottom layer of dreads and move your way to the top.

I've always done this in reverse of you. I always start at the top row of dreads, right in the middle of the back of the head. Doing it this way allows me to use the top row to judge how long I want the dreads to hang. Then, all the rest of the dreads can be adjusted and cut to that same length along the back.

Mr Fett - thats interesting because I have always been told to start with the bottom row. I guess it still has the same outcome!

Jules - until the dread rings are put on they don't hang like they should. I should be putting the P1 rings on tonight but I am in need of AVP dread rings...

Yeah I start from the top row and work my way down as well. I think it helps with how long you may actually want to go as you work your way down.....then I hit up work toward the sides......just what has worked for me.

I use a cyanoacrylate called Flash Black to attach my dreads. It stays pliable, and it of course is black. You can use a bit on the core, and then spray accelerator. After it sets spread some around the perimeter, and let it set. I've never lost a dread. :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back