Revell X-34 Landspeeder and Falcon 3D Parts figure set

Andrew C.

Too much on the bench right now, but looking forward to building this one someday. The figures have an amazing likeness and breathe life into the model. The ones supplied in the kit (Luke and C-3PO) are goofy rubber figures that make it look like a child's toy.
My photo shows Revell's pre-painted snap kit (which was an unwanted leftover given to me) and was perfect for a first look. Will be starting in on the regular unpainted kit and building it properly when the time comes. In case you're wondering: Revell's unpainted kit has a sheet of waterslide decals which includes the red striping, the prepainted kit does not have decals and has the red striping prepainted.
I whittled away some plastic on the seats, the backwall behind the seats and legroom for Threepio. The dashboard and steering wheel need adapting too, Revell got those wrong.
It would make a super-awesome diorama if there was a set of Stormtroopers, as well: keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

AC Landspeeder with Falcon3DParts figures.jpg

I have been so tempted to pick up the Revell Landspeeder soley to display those figures with it :lol:

It's not that the speeder is bad per say, it's just that I have the Black Series one already along with a Sandtrooper and C-3PO and R2

I wonder if he would scale the Ben and Luke up to 1/12

Analyzer, go ahead and write him, pretty sure that can be done.

There might be some modifications/whittling/puttying necessary to Ben's left arm: the arm rests on the window edge of Revell's clear windshield part, which is not quite the right size and shape when compared to the original full-size Landspeeder. (It looks good on Revell's kit because it pretty much protects & covers the faces of driver and passenger. But that makes it a bit too high.) I don't own a black series speeder so I don't know what the shape and size of the clear windshield is on that. Am guessing that Ben's arm isn't going to be a perfect fit.

I’m nearly finished repainting one of these myself - slightly dreading painting the figures, as I don’t think I can do them justice. Especially C3PO as I need to find a good brush or rattlecan colour for him.

I modelled and 3D printed a few parts like the main console and the bonnet greeblie - if anyone’s interested I can share the files.

I’m nearly finished repainting one of these myself - slightly dreading painting the figures, as I don’t think I can do them justice. Especially C3PO as I need to find a good brush or rattlecan colour for him.

I modelled and 3D printed a few parts like the main console and the bonnet greeblie - if anyone’s interested I can share the files.

Jim. Any pictures or renders you could show ?

Sure:

Centre console:
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 15.51.40.png
Side consoles (to go on top of the dashboard in front of each seat)
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 15.51.56.png
Bonnet greeblie (its currently a bit thin at one end so I may adjust and reprint). I left off the cables/pipes as I thought it would be better to just add real wire.
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 15.50.55.png
edit: photo of the actual printed centre console
3C5482EF-14BC-47E4-99D9-708E1BFD1C83.jpeg
I was going to take a picture of the bonnet greeblie too but it turns out I will definitely have to reprint it as I can’t find it. May as well resize at the same time!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back