Revell Viper Mk7

craig g

Sr Member
This is my Revell Viper Mk 7
I used the Paragrafix photoetch set ,which is a must in my opinion as the kit cockpit is so sparse.
Hope you like

bHNPvjy.jpg
MEKfKu0.jpg
VO2Jq79.jpg
3ihhs75.jpg
botcbMe.jpg

As someone who just finished this same model (the Moebius version), I must say yours looks terrific! I completely agree about the cockpit. I even swapped out the seat for a resin aircraft ejector seat to spruce it up even more, but it meant I couldn't use the pilot.

Your weathering looks great.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I used Testors Intermediate Blue from a rattle can for my 1/72 ones and it seemed a perfect match, but I hate Testors enamels, they sometimes take days or even weeks to fully dry, plus being a rattle can, it's hard to get subtle variations like with an airbrush

Vallejo paint will make an excellent alternative for when I do mine!

Also regarding the photo-etch, did it plug in pretty easily, or did you have to do some sanding/cutting. I was wondering since I have the same set

Thanks!

I used Testors Intermediate Blue from a rattle can for my 1/72 ones and it seemed a perfect match, but I hate Testors enamels, they sometimes take days or even weeks to fully dry, plus being a rattle can, it's hard to get subtle variations like with an airbrush

Also regarding the photo-etch, did it plug in pretty easily, or did you have to do some sanding/cutting. I was wondering since I have the same set

I used a photo etch cockpit on my build and it was pretty hard to fit into place. It take a lot of cutting and sanding. I didn't help matters by using 11 LEDs in the cockpit either. But even an unlit one would need some work to fit. The PE instructions give an OK guide on where to sand and cut.

Last edited:
I used a photo etch cockpit on my build and it was pretty damn hard to fit into place. It take a lot of cutting and sanding. I didn't help matters by using 11 LEDs in the cockpit either. But even an unlit one would need some work to fit. The PE instructions give an OK guide on where to sand and cut.
Thanks!

I had to do a lot of cutting and filing to get mine to fit TBH . Worth it but it was far from a straight forward particular swap.

I used a photo etch cockpit on my build and it was pretty damn hard to fit into place. It take a lot of cutting and sanding. I didn't help matters by using 11 LEDs in the cockpit either. But even an unlit one would need some work to fit. The PE instructions give an OK guide on where to sand and cut.

I had to do a lot of cutting and filing to get mine to fit TBH . Worth it but it was far from a straight forward particular swap.

so not quite as plug n play as hoped, but yes it is worth it on something this size. The 1/72 ones are so small and you hardly see anything in there

Thanks for the heads up

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back