Revell Venator project

Madhatter

Sr Member
Hi everyone

this is my first submission to the RPC - I've been a long time watcher but had to wait until I had something to show you

This is my Revell Venator that has taken me 15 months to build. There are about 46 LED's inside and I used about 20 feet of Fiber Optic cable

There are issues with it - the LEDs in the main windows are to bright and the wrong color. Unfortunately, they were only picked up after the superstructure and hulls were joined. However, they are mistakes I can lilve with.

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

There are about 525 photos in my Photobucket account if you want to see the progress from start to finish

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/madhatta/Revell Venator Star Destroyer build 2010/

Thanks for looking and I hope to see you again soon with something else

Last edited:
Unbelievable. Seriously one of the best paintjobs I've ever seen on a kit that size. Your use of washes it spot on! Thanks for posting this!

Robert :)

Very nice. You should install some lenses for the engines so they don't have the 'flashlight effects'. Thats what i do on all my builds.

Get some poly tubes and shape them. It eliminates the light on the side.

MH,

Most excellent finish to a lengthy build.

As I have said numerous times to you mate, I hope my build ends up looking even half as good as yours !!

Taking a break now or, are you starting another build ?

Cheers mate,

Dave.

Very nice. I've always been jealous of people who have the patience to light kits and it really paid off for you.

thanks fellas - your feedback is greatly appreciated

Ronan, when you mention Polytubes - what exactly do you mean by those? Are you referring to the normal styrene tubes or is it something else altogether? I'm interested to know what you mean as I may well follow your advice (if practical)

Thanks again guys

See you soon

MH

thanks very much everyone - glad you like it. Its my first attempt at super detailing, so lots of lessons learned!
Hello. Inspired by your work to build the Venator Star Destroyer from Revell. I'm trying to build a similar detailed model, based on your photos from the album http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/madhatta/Revell Venator Star Destroyer build 2010 /, but recently the album has unfortunately ceased to be available. Please consider providing access to photographs of the Venator building.

With deep respect for you and your work.

Alexey.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back