Revell Star Destroyer 1/2700

I use Ponal wood-Glue. it takes a while until it is hard but is works very well and did not damage the FO.
To collect the FO i use a drinking straw. You can have it in different diameters. i glued a short piece of it in the ship and collect the fo in this piece after putting the fo through the hole

Drinking straws are a GREAT idea! Right now I'm using styrene rod sections- cut down in about 1-2" sections. I had it hanging around and don't have anything better to do with it at the moment, so it seemed like "yeah, why not?". But straws would not only be more ecumenical, but probably a better fit too as the styrene diameters I have are either very loose or too tight.

Will definitely put drinking straws on the shopping list for the next grocery run.

- - - Updated - - -

"As Seen on TV" Lasebond is what I use. instant dry, holds well and you can peel it back with your xacto if you need to re-do

I'll check into that, as well as the Ponal. Thanks!

I finished the engine bells and started to add more details to the side trench

revellstd31.jpgrevellstd30.jpg

seriously considering that, Since I was mid-stream with this one once I discovered all the cool stuff the other guys were doing with theirs and now I know what and how, I could do a much better job next time :thumbsup
then buildt another one ::)
2 of them will look really great

I have a nice Micromachine Slave 1 so i decide to build one for my star destroyer .
i will place it in the opening at the backside of the bridgetower
revellstd32.jpg

Ok work is going on
After the gey paint is masked the hull and painted it white
revellstd44.jpgrevellstd45.jpgrevellstd46.jpgrevellstd47.jpgrevellstd48.jpg

After 2 day waiting the white color is dry and i removed the masked parts.
Then i sprayed a second layer white

revellstd49.jpgrevellstd50.jpg

Waitrevellstd52.jpgrevellstd51.jpgrevellstd53.jpging 2 days again and adding the details like the guns and the enginebells

Looks fantastic Haui! I think I should have gone red with my garbage chute, but I did a blue flicker. Also like how you paint, mask, paint for those panel lines, pretty slick idea. I'm definitely gonna remember that procedure :thumbsup
Ok work is going on
After the gey paint is masked the hull and painted it white
View attachment 808963View attachment 808964View attachment 808965View attachment 808966View attachment 808967

After 2 day waiting the white color is dry and i removed the masked parts.
Then i sprayed a second layer white

View attachment 808974View attachment 808975

WaitView attachment 808977View attachment 808976View attachment 808978ing 2 days again and adding the details like the guns and the enginebells

I Used a special airbrush maskfilm. so it is sure that you do not remove the color when you remove the mask :)

Now i have to trimm the fiberoptics and draw the lines on the hull

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back