Revell Star Destroyer 1/2700

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Miles Kendig

I use Ponal wood-Glue. it takes a while until it is hard but is works very well and did not damage the FO.
To collect the FO i use a drinking straw. You can have it in different diameters. i glued a short piece of it in the ship and collect the fo in this piece after putting the fo through the hole
Drinking straws are a GREAT idea! Right now I'm using styrene rod sections- cut down in about 1-2" sections. I had it hanging around and don't have anything better to do with it at the moment, so it seemed like "yeah, why not?". But straws would not only be more ecumenical, but probably a better fit too as the styrene diameters I have are either very loose or too tight.

Will definitely put drinking straws on the shopping list for the next grocery run.

- - - Updated - - -

"As Seen on TV" Lasebond is what I use. instant dry, holds well and you can peel it back with your xacto if you need to re-do

I'll check into that, as well as the Ponal. Thanks!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

gt350pony66

Sr Member
seriously considering that, Since I was mid-stream with this one once I discovered all the cool stuff the other guys were doing with theirs and now I know what and how, I could do a much better job next time :thumbsup
then buildt another one ::)
2 of them will look really great

Haui

I have a nice Micromachine Slave 1 so i decide to build one for my star destroyer .
i will place it in the opening at the backside of the bridgetower
revellstd32.jpg

Haui

Glueing the 2 parts together

revellstd39.jpg

After connecting all cables inside i closed the hull and prepared it for painting
revellstd40.jpg revellstd41.jpg

one layer of primer. then after 2 days drying i added a thin layer of dark grey because the primer was not dark enough for me
revellstd42.jpg revellstd43.jpg

Haui

Ok work is going on
After the gey paint is masked the hull and painted it white
revellstd44.jpg revellstd45.jpg revellstd46.jpg revellstd47.jpg revellstd48.jpg

After 2 day waiting the white color is dry and i removed the masked parts.
Then i sprayed a second layer white

revellstd49.jpg revellstd50.jpg

Wait revellstd52.jpg revellstd51.jpg revellstd53.jpg ing 2 days again and adding the details like the guns and the enginebells

gt350pony66

Sr Member
Looks fantastic Haui! I think I should have gone red with my garbage chute, but I did a blue flicker. Also like how you paint, mask, paint for those panel lines, pretty slick idea. I'm definitely gonna remember that procedure :thumbsup
Ok work is going on
After the gey paint is masked the hull and painted it white
View attachment 808963 View attachment 808964 View attachment 808965 View attachment 808966 View attachment 808967

After 2 day waiting the white color is dry and i removed the masked parts.
Then i sprayed a second layer white

View attachment 808974 View attachment 808975

Wait View attachment 808977 View attachment 808976 View attachment 808978 ing 2 days again and adding the details like the guns and the enginebells

Haui

I Used a special airbrush maskfilm. so it is sure that you do not remove the color when you remove the mask :)

Now i have to trimm the fiberoptics and draw the lines on the hull