Revell release schedule

Here's the pics from that link for those who don't want to click through:

51614199263_9f323bbce0_b.jpg

51614629344_ffc75761cf_b.jpg

51613145492_109eb6d995_b.jpg

51614199278_444a3f921d_b.jpg

Interesting that it's listed only as a skill level 3... Wonder if we'll get a more complex kit in the future if this one sells well?

SB

I love the paint job. Is their a rundown of what they did? Would love have mine look that nice.
Update, I've just received an email that says November release. I can also publish these images from Spencer Pollard. If you want to see more of the model, please check out the December Issue (314) of Tamiya Model Magazine.

Indeed, very cool. It will be interesting to see the difference between the Revell and R2 kits. They don't mention if there's an option in this kit to have the landing gear up, though. As it's only a level 3 kit, I doubt it. But hey, that's where 3D printing can come in handy!

SB

Indeed, very cool. It will be interesting to see the difference between the Revell and R2 kits. They don't mention if there's an option in this kit to have the landing gear up, though. As it's only a level 3 kit, I doubt it. But hey, that's where 3D printing can come in handy!

SB

working on the 3-D printed version I came across the dilemma of how the landing gear retracts and fits inside. I am not 100% certain all that stuff can fit in there with the cabin/back bay floor being where it is supposed to in live action. Maybe it all fits, but I suspect it is a lot of "who cares" CGI magic while getting a functional gear in the real world requires some compromises to be made?

It would be cool to see different paint variations as well, other than the BMF finish. Maybe a Falcon-esque paint job with different colored panels?

Last edited:
I notice in the article he mentioned the Razor Crest has a slightly textured plastic. I was afraid of this, in both the Revell and Round 2. In the 90s, model kit plastic was so glossy you could practically see your reflection in them. These days, they almost all have a slightly textured plastic.

One way I've found to remedy this is to use Tamiya primer, as it has a slight microfiller. After it has cured for a couple of days, it can be "sanded" with 00 steel wool, making it easier to get into the nooks and crannies. Then I finish it up with taking Crest Pro Health toothpaste and a hard bristled tooth brush to give the primer a final polish.

This can also be done with Stynylrez primer if you give it at least 24 hours to cure. It too is good at filling in plastic texture to some degree, and you can apply it heavy without losing detail.

I notice in the article he mentioned the Razor Crest has a slightly textured plastic. I was afraid of this, in both the Revell and Round 2. In the 90s, model kit plastic was so glossy you could practically see your reflection in them. These days, they almost all have a slightly textured plastic.

One way I've found to remedy this is to use Tamiya primer, as it has a slight microfiller. After it has cured for a couple of days, it can be "sanded" with 00 steel wool, making it easier to get into the nooks and crannies. Then I finish it up with taking Crest Pro Health toothpaste and a hard bristled tooth brush to give the primer a final polish.

This can also be done with Stynylrez primer if you give it at least 24 hours to cure. It too is good at filling in plastic texture to some degree, and you can apply it heavy without losing detail.
Yes, the textured surface is worrying. Hopefully it's just on the test shot they received.

Also, I reached out to a Spencer on Twitter and he said that this kit does allow for having the landing gear either up or down. Kind of cool for a Level 3 kit.

Excited for this one!

SB

Does anyone know when the RC is actually getting released? One site I saw had a release date of 27/12/21. First it was September, then November now December. Are they going to try time match the release date with the new series?

I pre-ordered it and yesterday I got the message that it would be on December 20th. should be delivered. I suspect that it is probably because the container ships are stuck all over the world and, as we also know, the shipping companies cannot keep up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back