Revell 1/88 Slave 1 "the Mandalorian" paint scheme and accuracy mods.

Pinousse

Sr Member
Hello everyone, long time no see :(

But now I am back :)

After looking at the diverse offerings for large "ish" scale Slave 1 I have settled on the Revell one.

The build will include the paint scheme seen in the Mandalorian and accuracy mods according to the show (mainly in the cockpit).

My kit is on the way so I will start on it soon.

Dont hesitate to join me and MTFBWYA :)

It actually is a decent kit as far as the shapes and a lot of the hull detail

Where the kit falls short is in the wings and bottom engine area and cockpit greeblie details

Unfortunately the wings should be multiple layers but are molded as combined parts on the Revell

and if you don't mind some suggestion on mods you can do for it...

This is the Revell wing
40685333814_0fffd109c7_o.jpg

This is the Fine Molds 1/72 wing
40685333234_5486c6b3bc_o.jpg

The details between Revell and Find Molds though are actually comparable apart from being molded into combined parts
Revell's kit actually has some impressive detailing

40685337034_e9fa758475_o.jpg

41399263471_1c456d7076_o.jpg

I wound up using a razor saw and razor blade to carve out the empty spaces. I have seen others do this as well as some who just rebuilt parts

40503868595_1aa88f833a_o.jpg

40685367244_541c5e8eb4_o.jpg

I made a copy of a greeblie from the Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon for the end cap and this is where it is ar now

IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5203 (2).JPG

and the engine area is a bit soft on details

I have not tackled that area yet

It actually is a decent kit as far as the shapes and a lot of the hull detail

Where the kit falls short is in the wings and bottom engine area and cockpit greeblie details

Unfortunately the wings should be multiple layers but are molded as combined parts on the Revell

and if you don't mind some suggestion on mods you can do for it...

This is the Revell wing
View attachment 1519902

This is the Fine Molds 1/72 wing
View attachment 1519903

The details between Revell and Find Molds though are actually comparable apart from being molded into combined parts
Revell's kit actually has some impressive detailing

View attachment 1519904
View attachment 1519905

I wound up using a razor saw and razor blade to carve out the empty spaces. I have seen others do this as well as some who just rebuilt parts

View attachment 1519906
View attachment 1519907

I made a copy of a greeblie from the Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon for the end cap and this is where it is ar now

View attachment 1519901View attachment 1519899

and the engine area is a bit soft on details

I have not tackled that area yet
Of course I dont mind, on the contrary I love input and feedback :) Thanks alot :)

I will definitely rework the cockpit to add the seats and the yellow lader visible in the show among other things :)

Now you gave me a good method for the wings I may give this a go too or model and print new ones and share the files.

As for the seats in the navigation room it look like they used seats also found in the Falcon

07037ef9635f8323a266bb392571a044.jpg
630383b8a561017c6e6d854f62757c67.jpg

I do have a 3d model for that and it will be a good base for them I think...

Nav_Chair_B 1.png

Nav_Chair_B 2.png

Nav_Chair_B 3.png

Another version can also be seen...

the-mandalorian-star-wars-slave-1-turns-1250747.jpg

Got it covered too...

Slave one nav chair v2 1.png
Slave one nav chair v2 2.png

Let me know what you guys think...

Attachments

• Nav_Chair_B 1.png
    Nav_Chair_B 1.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 71
Since you have the kit on hand can you give me the hight of Boba from the sitting plane to the top of his head ?

Trying to scale his back rest correctly first :)

Well, unfortunately I converted my seating Boba to a standing one, but I believe his sitting position to top of helmet would be about 14 mm. My standing conversion is about 24 mm
IMG_4664 (2).JPG

The figure is the same size as Micromachine figures (top left is Micro Machine Lando with Fine Molds 1/72 Stormtrooper, bottom is Revell Boba with Fine Molds 1/72 seated Boba

IMG_4607 (2).JPG

Of course, since I started this, technology has become cheap enough for home use and I found these awesome sculpts. If you are looking for some standing Mando figures, I have the files if your interested (found on Thingiverse)

IMG_4512 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Well, unfortunately I converted my seating Boba to a standing one, but I believe his sitting position to top of helmet would be about 14 mm. My standing conversion is about 24 mm
View attachment 1520590
The figure is the same size as Micromachine figures (top left is Micro Machine Lando with Fine Molds 1/72 Stormtrooper, bottom is Revell Boba with Fine Molds 1/72 seated Boba

View attachment 1520556

Of course, since I started this, technology has become cheap enough for home use and I found these awesome sculpts. If you are looking for some standing Mando figures, I have the files if your interested (found on Thingiverse)

View attachment 1520593

Thank you very much for thoose information :)

I now have a model for the cockpit door too...

Slave one cockpit door 1.png
Slave one cockpit door 2.png

And a fist test print for Boba pilot seat back rest, just of the pinter and went very well :)

IMG_20211214_180007.jpg

IMG_20211214_180634.jpg

Yes its very small^^ Can be scaled and fine tune when the kit arrivve :)

Will test print the nav chairs next :)

Nav chairs test print went well, will show you them once assembled and painted with the pilot chair / chairs too :)

Here are the final models for the cockpit are acces door and the ladder to the cockpit itself :

Slave one cockpit door 1.png
Slave one cockpit door 2.png
Cockpit ladder 1.png
Cockpit ladder 2.png

As for design the navroom platform that is right under the piloting area of the cockpit is next :)

After I took a second look at what I can see of the motors I opted for a second look for it :) Printed in halves for easy instal.

Platform motor 1.png
Platform motor 2.png

Again its inspired by not a replica by any mean ;)

Still working on it though prety slowly atm.

Will post updates asap !

Can’t wait to see what you do!

I am in the middle of installing new batteries to my Sphero BB8, finally got the shell open. Doing the batteries is something else… just kind of taking a break with that project.

But you printed all of these parts yourself? That’s amazing…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back