Retro-themed Kenner Marvel action figures

I'll be picking up the Spider-Man for a relatively easy conversion into Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man to go with my custom cardback. Was really proud to see the Hasbro head of product design liking my card back designs on instagram.

Attachments

• Spidey-Retro-Kenner.jpg
    Spidey-Retro-Kenner.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 143
I'll be picking up the Spider-Man for a relatively easy conversion into Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man to go with my custom cardback. Was really proud to see the Hasbro head of product design liking my card back designs on instagram.

Wait, isn´t that the japanese Spider-Man?

Love the cardbacks, but they do not evoke any retro feelings inside my dark collector´s soul. Retro Spidey and Marvel is Mego and Toy biz to me.

No. the image on my cardback is from the 70's Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man TV show.
Yes, of course - actual retro figures will always be the Mego and Toy Biz versions as they were what was available at the time. My cards and these new Hasbro versions are just "What if" Kenner had released something back then. It's all fake retro which you're either "into" or as in your case, it doesn't do anything for you.

Wait, isn´t that the japanese Spider-Man?

Love the cardbacks, but they do not evoke any retro feelings inside my dark collector´s soul. Retro Spidey and Marvel is Mego and Toy biz to me.

... It's all fake retro which you either "get" or as in your case, it doesn't do anything for you.

Yes, I guess it probably is comparable to Funko Star Wars collecting or other similar lines primarily aimed at collectors. But I do see the basic appeal of those figures. The Super7 Masters line with the 3 3/4 af´s didn´t work for me either.

The Iron Man does look a lot like the Iron Man from Comics Spain that came out in the early 90ies. I am wondering if they have any plans to release playsets and vehicles?

I must not stare too long at the pics of the retro figs. They probably are going to stare back into my soul at some point ...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back