Rest in Peace, Vin Scully

Ron

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The absolute greatest broadcaster of all time. Listening to Vin was like listening to a master story teller. If announcing was art, his voice was like a paintbrush. You wouldn't even have to be watching the game to be able to visualize what was happening. That's how good he was. For those of us who grew up in the southern California area, Vin was as much of a staple as anything else. If you went to a Dodger game from the 50's well into the 90's, you would hear Vin's voice in the crowd because so many fans would bring transistor radios to the games with them. In fact, a lot of us will tell you we didn't get 'traditional' bedtime stories. Instead, our bedtime stories were also listening to Vin on our radios when we went to bed. He retired in 2016 and Dodger games have not been the same since. He was a true gentleman in every sense of the word and an American treasure. I was lucky to go to his last game at Dodger Stadium (the last clip in the first video) and it is easily the best game and one of the best experiences of my life.

Thanks for the memories, Vin. We were blessed to have you. I'm sure you're calling a game of legends in heaven right now.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back