Rest in peace J.W. Rinzler

Just reading his blog posts you can tell he had a fairly balanced and honest view of things. It's evident from his writing alone that he made a concerted effort to remain as objective as he could. Those qualities make for a great read for a fan but they don't mix well with a corporate structure that is hellbent on ensuring a false veneer of perfection.

I find it hypocritical that Lucasfilm can praise his work on the Star Wars.com website in tribute to him, and yet they were the ones who shut down his blog. It was perfectly fine for Jonathan to take an honest look at George's work, warts and all, but he was wasn't allowed to do the same with the Star Wars material under Disney? That's certainly telling. It makes you wonder what they're so desperate to hide.

Just reading his blog posts you can tell he had a fairly balanced and honest view of things. It's evident from his writing alone that he made a concerted effort to remain as objective as he could. Those qualities make for a great read for a fan but they don't mix well with a corporate structure that is hellbent on ensuring a false veneer of perfection.

I find it hypocritical that Lucasfilm can praise his work on the Star Wars.com website in tribute to him, and yet they were the ones who shut down his blog. It was perfectly fine for Jonathan to take an honest look at George's work, warts and all, but he was wasn't allowed to do the same with the Star Wars material under Disney? That's certainly telling. It makes you wonder what they're so desperate to hide.

IMO it's totally predictable with Disney. Just the size of the company alone. I would be surprised if they didn't lock things down.

We fans (and George) have done a lot of crying about how Lucasfilm became a big evil corporation. But it was still a small one by the standards of the industry.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back