Ressikan Flute

Veldmaat

I was looking for a workin Ressikan Flute replica for a con I'm going to next year I found this through Google:

Star_Trek_Ressikan_Flute_by_machinedfx.jpg

No wonder it's a working "Replica" it's a Clarke "Sweetone" painted copper and with a aluminum tube glued on.

I can manage that myself just didn't think of it, so I'm not even going to bother asking for the price.

Wait that's not it. There was this big auction on the sci-fi channel like two years ago and they auctioned off hundreds of old star-trek props and memorabilia. The Ressikan flute was one of the highest bid items it looked a little different from that pic. You should get some one to find the picture from the auction.

I think it is a little off but tha is a nice looking Flute you found there.

The Screen-Used one could'nt even play! :lol

Thank you for posting that incredible picture. I remember seeing a picture of it where the splochieness of the copper looked like a burl wood pattern. Thanks again for the pic. Actually that looks more like brass than copper.

Hands down one of my top 5 desired props, I really wish someone would make one! I just couldn't bring myself to shell out $400 for the STTE version:

Thank you for posting that incredible picture. I remember seeing a picture of it where the splochieness of the copper looked like a burl wood pattern. Thanks again for the pic. Actually that looks more like brass than copper.
You're welcome!

yt, it's one of my favorite props too, I've wanted one for a long time now... I'll always remember listening to Patrick Stewart laugh when he spoke about how it wouldn't even play music... :lol

Is it possible the lower half was made from a similar flute to the one above? Those shiny chrome hole rims look pinned on to me. Does anyone recognize them? They look snap-like. If it was customized from any available parts, that would bring the cost of replicating it down.

Is it possible the lower half was made from a similar flute to the one above? Those shiny chrome hole rims look pinned on to me. Does anyone recognize them? They look snap-like. If it was customized from any available parts, that would bring the cost of replicating it down.

They look a lot like simple finishing washers that have been bent to fit the curved surface.

I'm only going to use it for cons and for display, It doesn't have to be perfect But I do want to be able to play it. I can play "The Inner Light" on tin whistle, it's an easy to play instrument.

For what it's worth, the boxy mouthpiece really reminds me of the older style used for historical reenactments and the like:

http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=392

It's not the same - those ones are stamped metal with nowhere near the wall thickness of the one in the photo. But if you want a base that looks pretty close and plays, it's an inexpensive solution.

I'm actually using a Clarke which is already tapered and has a "box" mouthpiece:

e641_1_b.JPG

I'm actually using a Clarke which is already tapered and has a "box" mouthpiece:

e641_1_b.JPG

I wanted to wait until I got my hands on a nice piece of cherry burl before I made one of these. Now that I know I was mistaken and it was not a wooden flute I really want one like the one you have pictured above. Where did you find that?

That is very close to the original, with acouple mods you could have a really nice replica, I remmeber watching the christies auctions and the original went for a outragous price, and Patric Stewart was laughing cause the original dident even work, wasent a real flute

I was looking for a workin Ressikan Flute replica for a con I'm going to next year I found this through Google:

Star_Trek_Ressikan_Flute_by_machinedfx.jpg

No wonder it's a working "Replica" it's a Clarke "Sweetone" painted copper and with a aluminum tube glued on.

I can manage that myself just didn't think of it, so I'm not even going to bother asking for the price.

The pictures that Karl posted of the flute and box from Comic Con are great! Although the box in the pictures is the one from the movie and not the Inner Light episode. The original had either leaves or pieces of paper glued on in layers over the outside of the box.

It's evident that they patterned the flute after the Clarke Tin Whistle but it appears to be made from brass or some other material that was brass plated. The walls of the flute are much, much thicker than the tin whistles.

e641_1_b.JPG

I wanted to wait until I got my hands on a nice piece of cherry burl before I made one of these. Now that I know I was mistaken and it was not a wooden flute I really want one like the one you have pictured above. Where did you find that?

Just google, Original Clarke tin whistle.
Thay are also easy to find on eBay.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back