resining my pep

crazyk187

I folded this bio and its done perfect but on the helm there are flat spots just from the way the pep file works......how can I make this a little bit more round....... I don't wanna use that that much bondo to fill the flat spots. Any ideas???

2011-08-15_23-50-38_115.jpg.gif

2011-08-15_22-49-28_783.jpg.gif

Should be able to see the problem from those picks

Thanks.....

You should try looking around on therpf.com. I know a bunch of dudes on there that are working with pep right now and could offer some nice advice :)

I tried doing pep myself but found out that i have very little patience with folding and cutting paper..

From my experience you're gonna have those problems, especially when the individual pieces are big such as the squares on the dome. I've done a lot of pep, whether it be Halo helmets or my pred bio, the easiest way I've found is to brace it from side to side. Then use other braces to push up on the flat spots. You can try to make it as round as possible but, you're probably still gonna be using quite a bit of bondo.

its here, on the forum, enter the" how to build" section, and find the pepakura armour ready for download thread

Well, if this is true, then the file should be pulled per electronic recasting. That file is for purchase for a reason and $15 isn't asking too much...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back