Resin Wood Bark effect etc

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jordanbellamy

Im going back to a project i started last year , I'm going to mould & cast some tree branch pieces in resin, just wondering best ways to replicate the real wood effect on the cast resin pieces? ,

texture / paint effects / materials etc :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Pro Mod

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First I'd pigment the resin brown. Once cured I'd paint thin washes of colour all over them and then do some dry brushing.

Sinned

Check out URE-FIL Urethane Fillers, from Smooth-On. Specifically URE-FIL 5, which is designed for "wood" effects. They also have a video showing an example project, using the material.

Jordanbellamy

Check out URE-FIL Urethane Fillers, from Smooth-On. Specifically URE-FIL 5, which is designed for "wood" effects. They also have a video showing an example project, using the material.
Thanks for that i will check it out :) , the video on there site?

Badgersbunk

The hunting forum I belong to people use caulk to get the tree bark texture on their trail cams and it looks just like bark. Don't know if this helps

Sinned

Thanks for that i will check it out :) , the video on there site?
Sorry, yes, that's correct. I think they are hosted on YouTube, so could search there too. But if you go to the URE-Fil product page on Smooth-on's site, they are at the bottom. This holds true for most of their products.

Jordanbellamy

Sorry, yes, that's correct. I think they are hosted on YouTube, so could search there too. But if you go to the URE-Fil product page on Smooth-on's site, they are at the bottom. This holds true for most of their products.
Thanks i found it :) looks great material.