Resin E-11 WIP. Comments please

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SaberFreak @ May 10 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]1241964[/snapback]</div>
I'll take and post close up pic of that area tomorrow. its almost midnight now where I am :p
[/b]

Thanks, I really appricate that. And if I could ask another favour. Could you aslo get a pic of the text at the and above the lense? I will make a file of of it and print it, so it will match even closer.

Cheers
Staermose

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ May 10 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1241991[/snapback]</div>
Excellent work.

And that Hengstler is correct.
[/b]

Yes, to a degree. Most of what I know about the E-11 comes from the "Parts of SW" site. And according to them the Hengstler copy I got is correct for the ANH A1 Version, wich was also made from cast parts (just like mine). But there are several features from other variations of the E-11 that I like. I know that my E-11 won't be fully screen accurate, but I can live with that. But it will mostly be a combination of the "ANH A1" and "ANH A2" versions.

Things that will be wrong with my version of the E-11, according to the "Parts of SW" site.

1. I will have wires running from the Hengstler box to the two samll cylinders (my hengstler box is the wrong version).

2. I will have chrome tape covering the shell ejection port. This hasn't been confirmed on the A1 version.

3. I hvan't seen a postive confirmation on the two cylinders anywhere. That gives a little room for interpretation. I like the red laser in the fan film "IMPS The Relenless". I was thinking af doing the same. If I do that, the cylinders will be wrong as well.

Cheers
Staermose

GREAT job on the scope. :eek I was sorry to have to tell you about the model mixup, but you came through in true RPF form. :thumbsup If it aint right, make it look right. :D

Things that will be wrong with my version of the E-11, according to the "Parts of SW" site.
[/b]

Yeah, but all your details will be correct to one ANH E-11 or another. I think mixing them still makes your blaster "ANH accurate", imo. It's not like the Bapty guys were following a A-1, A-2, etc pattern, they were just slapping the stuff on there.

Like Jay said at least the parts are correct for what Bapty had on hand.
The variation guide lists basically what variations we had enough info on to confirm in detail. There were more guns made than those.
I really need to update the E11 pages and the variation guide to add some more info since I've gone through the ANH DVD frame by frame.

Your scope now looks like the 1943 version of the M38 which MR used on their replica (T shaped front foot). You just need the little indent on the one side with the raised number.
Lookin good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonepigeon @ May 10 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]1242072[/snapback]</div>
Your scope now looks like the 1943 version of the M38 which MR used on their replica (T shaped front foot).[/b]

:confused

Oh....

... well, the "T" shaped front foot is almost gone. Its halfway covered in sheet plastic now.... :lol

I was thinking, If I'm going to alter this scope, why not get it as close as posible. It only a few Minor details that need to be changed to make look like a M38 1942. Not exactly like it, but close.

Cheers
Staermose

Before I make the final changes and give it a third paint job is there anything else I should consider changing?

Changes so far:

1. Changed the middle band. Done

2. New holes and detail on the left side. Waiting for close up photos :D

3. Changing the "T" shaped foot to a solid block. Almost Done (I'm working on it right now)

4. The letters on the lense is stamped. Have I seen some M38 1942's with a small paper sticker there, or am I imagening things? If they should be stamped, I will just fill in the "A2" letters on this one. If there is a sticker I will probably make a file and print it, if I can find a close up pic of it.

scope11.jpg

Cheers
Staermose

I would just fill in the 'A2' part, i've only ever seen stickers on A2s so I would not put one on yours.

Bloody good job overall that man.

SAS

Thanks for the pics. They have been very helpfull :thumbsup

Here is what I hope is the final version of the M38 A2 scope changed to look like a M38 1942.

scope15.jpg

scope14.jpg

scope13.jpg

scope12.jpg

To illustrate how much I have sanded removed resin chunks with my Dremel, here are some pics of the Sterling as it looks right now. When I got it, alle the parts was glued together and it was painted flat black. I haven't done anything to remove any paint. All the exposed resin is a resuslt of me removing unwanted dirt in the casting.

Sterling6.jpg

The area between the folding stock and the handle was completely filled with reisn. It looked like there was alot of paly doh pushed in there before the molds was made. I'm trying to remove as much as possible. And I will have to rebuild the top of the handle where it meets the body of the Sterling. At the front the scope I even removed a smale piece of white rubber.... probably from the mold.

Sterling5.jpg

Sterling4.jpg

The area with the front sight was a mess of resin chunks. It was easier to just remove all of it and rebuild the it.

Sterling3.jpg

These two close ups shows what it looked like before I removed unwanted resin and what it looks like after (I have only done one side so far)

Sterling2.jpg

Sterling1.jpg

Cheers
Staermose

Here is how my two small cylinders look right now. I'm rebuilding the ones that came with the kit. They just a pile of .... What do you guys think? Should I change add anything before i weather them?

Cylinders2.jpg

Cylinders1.jpg

Cheers
Staermose

Let me first say, Thank you, to everybody who have helped me so far. My E-11 would have been far from accurate without your help.

Are there anybody who knows anything about the two small cylinders? I would like to know if they are fine or if I should change anything before i weather them.

Cheers
Staermose

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back