Limited Run Resin Cast Thermoptic Pistol - Ghost In The Shell - 2nd Run Interest List

The Glock pistols that I have used typically employ the double stack magazine shown in the middle of the attached picture. The Major's Thermoptic pistol seems to be a hybrid of a single stack and double stack magazine as shown in the far right of the attached picture. A 1.5 stack? I believe the Sig Sauer p365 magazine does something similar.
Agreed, definitely not a standard mag. They could have used 8mm rounds, but I do think their mag is taller than ours, thus accomodating more rounds.

Here's my solution for the bullets. Take a piece of thin clear plastic and cut it to fit exactly inside the magazine. Then place on to graph paper to ensure horizontal alignment of the bullets. Epoxy the bullets on to the plastic at the rear so it will not be seen when inside the mag. When dry, slip the bullets in to mag and voila!
I actually made the plastic long enough to take the bullets right up in to the slide, but there is an internal piece of casting behind the trigger which prevents anything going higher than the top of the mag. Still looks great.
Nice solution. (y) Are the rounds still staggered left to right as they stack? Hard to tell side on.

Update: The first 7 have shipped. I am now back from 2 weeks away with family. The remaining 4 will be finished this week and, all going to plan, will ship this Friday. (y)

Nice solution. (y) Are the rounds still staggered left to right as they stack? Hard to tell side on.
Bullets are straight. Once you put the plastic sheet in you only have about 2mm for the stagger, so I didn't bother because it was barely noticeable.

Anyone know where to buy 8mm Steyr semi-auto handgun dummy ammo from? I'm on the 2nd run so I don't have anything in hand, but it seems like that ammo might stack more like the screen used model inside the magazine. I'd rather not have to spend around $40 for a box of the live stuff.

Last edited:
Mine is apparently taking the rest of my life to be delivered by USPS.... Tracking says "Delivery Date Unknown"... I'm trying to wait patiently....

I decided to order Nickel Plated bullets for mine... I think the silver color will go fantastically with the look of the pistol...

Could you let me know if you find anything? I’ll do the same for you.

Anyone know where to buy 8mm Steyr semi-auto handgun dummy ammo from? I'm on the 2nd run so I don't have anything in hand, but it seems like that ammo might stack more like the screen used model inside the magazine. I'd rather not have to spend around $40 for a box of the live stuff.

Unsure, but it looks like the pistol that was on display has a bullet above the mag.

Interestingly, real cartridges in the future will have the option of white polymer casings. So if you are worried about tapered blanks, you could fit a copper bullet tip into a styrene tube. Because the grip is opaque, you might not even need to finish the back of the tubes. I think we're at one of those points in time where our notion of what looks realistic hasn't caught up with what's become real.

The problem of magazine release. The solid magwell looks accurate to the filming prop. But it has serrations that clearly look to be for pulling. If the serrated side protrusions were part of the floor plate, then you would have a way to pull out the magazine.

Update:
All went to plan and I finished the remaining 4...

OxYs1CC.jpg

5TKpz0M.jpg

Well, all except the weather. We had a snow storm yesterday so these will ship Monday. (y)

All thermoptics have shipped. Please post here in this run when you’ve received your replica. (y)

Mine arrived... Unfortunately there was some minor damage in shipping... The part that came off will be easy to glue back on...

I am having an issue with the magazine fitting... The "buttplate" of the magazine's hitting the bottom of the back of the grip... Any thoughts ?

edit: I was running out the door and forgot to add pics

F266FD29-0FA4-4BC6-B2C3-BA319D17DCF9.jpeg136676EC-6F2E-4D2A-9C97-E86A7F34BE91.jpeg2882724E-2889-42FA-A361-094760C30538.jpeg49860169-B4B8-4060-BD72-DCCA0EC3CC3A.jpegBFA3759D-81BB-4630-AE77-134C357177B4.jpeg59A19CDC-CCE4-4785-9E36-51718B339B6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine arrived... Unfortunately there was some minor damage in shipping... The part that came off will be easy to glue back on...

I am having an issue with the magazine fitting... The "buttplate" of the magazine's hitting the bottom of the back of the grip... Any thoughts ?

Sorry to hear this. Each pistol was wrapped in plastic and placed inside a padded box which was then wrapped in packaging and placed inside a shipping box. They must have really thrown it around. Lol.

Reg the mag - the mags were finished last after extensive test fitting, then test fitted again prior to shipping to ensure correct fitment. I’ll ask you to PM me a pic of the issue and we will get it sorted. (y)

I’ll mention again, do not insert the empty mag into the gun without weight (dummy rounds) in the mag. If you do you will have a tough time getting the mag out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back