Resident Evil Retribution

Although I have missed the Zombies in the last two (they are not really any focus in those films) I still have enjoyed them, and this one looks good so I am looking forward to it.:thumbsup

Still haven't seen Part 4. They kinda went downhill fast as the series progressed. Soon they're going to have more movies than there are games.

I guess I should be listed as part of the problem with these movies. None of them really have been all that good, some of them have been down right poor and yet, I pay to see them in the theater every time. There's something about Mila and Zombies i can't pass up. This one looks odd with the flying monsters and having Michelle Rodriguez back somehow but I'm willing to bet when it comes out me and my GF go see it. Never fails.

Comes out this month. I think it looks better than the last few as if they saved the best for the last film. I like watching them even if they're not the best, to me they're the modern B zombie movies. Plus can't say to Milla lol. I wish they'd make a model kit out of the Osprey type planes Umbrella has. The dude playing Barry looks dead on for the game.

I saw this on IMAX 3D tonight. Straight mindless action for 90 minutes. Void of any plot or character development. Brain cells will die. It basically takes some elements from the RE4 and RE5 games and then gets all crazy from there. With that said, Resident Evil is one of my guilty pleasures and I had to watch this. I have all the games (will be getting RE6 at release) and seen and own all the movies including the animated ones (I can't wait for RE: Damnation to be released).
As for those dead brain cells, Ada Wong will stimulate some of those back to life.

I saw it yesterday... nothing too grand to say about it. It's not the best of the series, but not the worst. Just a kind of mindless film, but entertaining if you are into that sort of thing. It is the most video-game like of the series.

I LOVED it as a brainless action flick. Plus. It had Milla in black leather bondage gear, Ada Wong in the slinky red dress, and Jill Valentine in that blue catsuit. I will sleep well .. in a few minutes.

:lol

I never go into the RE movies expecting anything but mindless action, the director even pretty much says these are throwbacks to the old zombie movies that had little plot. Plus they figure you'll have known who the characters are by now.

I enjoyed it. I would have enjoyed the less expensive 2D version more I think. Just don't expect a deep story. I really really liked the opening scene.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

The opening scene was well done. The rest of the movie was so-so. At times some of the stuff was confusing. The bit with the elevator and them waiting for the explosion still has me lost as to what the point of that was.

Loads of zombies being killed. Lots of nods to the video games. Actually there were a couple of things thaat weren't explained that if you hadn't played RE4 you wouldn't of known why it was important.

Mila was awesome as always and given what she has to work with Michelle Rodriguez was pretty good as well. Honestly i think the little kid did some of the best acting in the film.

Pretty much the trailer for this movie i saw months ago summed up the movie. Showed a bunch of random zombie violence and then flashed "Milla Jovovich in 3-D" up on the screen. I looked to my wife and said "That's really all we need to know to make me want to see that movie."

Two things that bothered me about the movie. No Chris or Claire Redfield. And when Alice rips off the control device from Jill like it was nothing. Took me and my friend doing online co-op in Veteran mode for RE5 at least an hour to do the same thing. You're just not fighting Jill but you also have to deal with Wesker at the same time.

The best part of the night was the Silent Hill: Revelation trailer. I'm so looking forward to that.

Hated first one ,especially for loving the games. I really wish they actually based movies on games.second movie was okay with nemesis , but since then they have sucked and made no sense and have nothing at all to do with game. the story line of game was great and could of transferred great to screen, big mistake by company. Only reason i do watch because milla is so kick ass chick, but if anyone from the movie company reads this, GO BACK TO ORIGINAL STORY LINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't seen this yet but, THIS:
Pretty much the trailer for this movie i saw months ago summed up the movie. Showed a bunch of random zombie violence and then flashed "Milla Jovovich in 3-D" up on the screen. I looked to my wife and said "That's really all we need to know to make me want to see that movie."

I'm more excited for the sequel to the animated movie to watch this personally. Its a shame as the RE series was such a new and clever and interesting and scary idea that it could have made a wonderful film series, with a bit more thought

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back