Resident Evil Injector Gun.... ish

Flagg

Sr Member
A friend of mine has been after me to make him a T-Virus vial from Resident Evil. I have a set in the works but while I was waiting for the rods to arrive in the mail I figured I would make an injector gun to go with them. This is nowhere near accurate but it still turned out cool and it cost me all of $5 in parts...

I started with this:

395227_3181121489283_1303071639_33402772_816030045_n.jpg

This is one of those "Xtractors" sets from a few years ago where it came with a toy dinosaur that you extracted the DNA from, put it online and could fight with other people.

I took the gun and turned it into this:

397065_3181094608611_1303071639_33402765_1965704461_n.jpg

The local discount store still has those so i'm going to see about getting one. I wish i'd grabbed them when they had them on sale a few months ago for 5.00 each now they're back up in price. Looks really good by the way

Check amazon if you can't find them locally. I bought a handfull of them when I knew I was going to be messing around on this project. I needed a ton of other stuff so I ended up with free shipping so these were about $4 each and you get a neat little toy dino as well.

I was playing around with all these ideas for the barrel involving PVC pipe and end caps when I was going through my medicine cabinet and saw an old bottle of nasal spray that fit exactly as it needed to with no hassles or added costs. You folks probably saw it right off but the people not in the prop world I have shown it to didn't see what I used right off.

really good work... im a big RE fan (the movie not the games) and what you have done is really something i would like to have in my collection.

Just an update as I have finished off one of the vials to go with this. Just need to do the antidote vial and the display case idea I have and this will be done finally.

424255_3241204631324_1303071639_33427238_1854519080_n.jpg

Almost done with this. The antidote vial isnt holding together right and the rods inside are about 1mm too wide as they are scrapping the inside of the tube and rubbing some paint off. A few minutes of work tomorrow and then I can get going on the display case to finish this off.

426863_3268117824137_1303071639_33438449_264369693_n.jpg

It really looks great. Will you age the injector in any way? It looks too shiny, too new, unless that's the camera flash.

It really looks great. Will you age the injector in any way? It looks too shiny, too new, unless that's the camera flash.

It's largely the flash, but no Im not aging it. Every photo I have seen of the original it basically just all chrome. Now I just need to come up with some kind of carry case / display and I can be done with this.

Thank you!

A case with some kind of see through opening would be nice, you could line it with black velvet to make the gun really pop. You may try one of those small collector lunch boxes?

Thank you!

A case with some kind of see through opening would be nice, you could line it with black velvet to make the gun really pop. You may try one of those small collector lunch boxes?

No way this would fit in a lunch box. Size wise I need something about the size of a cordless drill case. Actually, I have one of those I think I am going to gut, styrofoam line and then cover in black fabric to make it look like a fitted case. Now I just need to figure out how to get the "Ryobi" logo on the case to go away...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back