Resident Evil: Extinction - Alice

Or .... maybe that Milla WANTED THAT SAME boots... and the heel was completely inviable. (I think this could be the reason, remember that milla herself designed the costume).

I must admit that I simply LOVE the boots with that modded heel.

And this is one of the reasons I love this site to much. Seeing the evolution from research to final costume is so cool.

I got a reply back from the people at Blackhawk!

The guy I talked to said he wasn't sure which exact model was used for production, but the 40QD22DE was the only version of the Omega VI made in the correct color for the 1911. So, more than likely...

What color did you get ??

May I know how much they were ??? (just out of curiosity, cause I'm also searching a pair).

I found them on Ebay and got them for a steal...$69!!!! They were brand new in the original box. Brown distressed leather! I think they are going to work out perfect!

Todd

Lucky ******* :angry xDDDDDDD I had to pay $127.50 (shipped) on ebay for a used pair (but almost new). What size did you get ??? Do you want them to be worn, or just for display purposes ?? ( I ask you this cause these boots run larger, about 1/2 or even 1 size larger... It's important to know that !!! I've read that everywhere !!!).

About the mod, are you going to make it ? Please, keep me informed, cause I'm very interested to know about it... how will you make it, how much it was, what do you use for the new sole, etc etc ;)

I hate ya lucky boy :p xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

About the mod, are you going to make it ? Please, keep me informed, cause I'm very interested to know about it... how will you make it, how much it was, what do you use for the new sole, etc etc ;)

I am going to take them to a local shoe cobbler and have them re-soled with a shorter heal. I'll post some pics and the cost when finished.

Todd

Well, I took the boots to two different shoe cobblers and they both told me the same thing...the boots can NOT be modified to a lower heal. So, my guess is that they had the boots used in the movie custom made by Frye. Since I don't want to spend $500 for a custom pair of boots, I am just going to leave them as is. Here they are distressed and ready to go, just need one red shoe lace.

AliceCostume.jpg

I found the gloves they used in the movie! They are "Perfect Home" gardening gloves. You can get them at any Home Depot for $10. Here they are still in the package.

AliceCostume001.jpg

And here they are with the fingers cut and distressed.

AliceCostume006.jpg

AliceCostume005.jpg

Here are pics of the screen used gloves for comparison.

product_ree1089_e.jpg

ResidentEvil-MillaCostume2.jpg

The holsters were definitely the Blackhawk Omega VI. Here is the holster brand new.

Alicescostume003.jpg

And here it is distressed.

Alicescostume002.jpg

As I get some more things finished, I'll post the progress here.

Todd

Very nice find on the gloves. If you need more pics of the costume, I have saved every auction that Premiereprops put out that was RE:E, even the wigs they sold from Milla's stunt doubles.

Did the cobblers give a reason why the boots could not be modded? Any idea if the heel is hollow or not? If not, I'd say cut those things down.

Oh, and GREAT find on the gloves!!!

Did the cobblers give a reason why the boots could not be modded? Any idea if the heel is hollow or not? If not, I'd say cut those things down.

Oh, and GREAT find on the gloves!!!

Yes, they said that when the boot leather is originally cut out for a high heel that there is no way to mod it for a low heel. The opposite may be possible (i.e. from a low heel to a high heel) since there is more material to work with.

As far as the heel goes they are plastic and yes they can be cut down a bit...only about an inch before it would cause some difficultly when walking in them. FYI there is also a steel shank in the arch of the boot that helps keep its shape.

After talking with the cobbler, I'm convinced that the costume designers had them custom made...not modified.

Just an update on some other pieces...I couldn't find a belt that had all the eyelets in it so I made one myself. Its 1" cotton webbing with 1/4" eyelets. The eyelets are "antique brass" and I had to dye the webbing.

Alicecostume008.jpg

Alicecostume009-1.jpg

Todd

That looks really good.

I just went to Home Depot and picked up a pair of the gloves. They match every auction photo I have! I did notice there was another brand called Green House, IIRC, that looked very similar. They are definitely the Perfect Home brand.

I still don't understand the boot dilemma, however, I'm sure that has a lot to do with my lack of knowledge on the subject. Did you show the cobbler the pics? I'm wondering what his theory behind the dramatic toe curve would be.

That looks really good.

I still don't understand the boot dilemma, however, I'm sure that has a lot to do with my lack of knowledge on the subject. Did you show the cobbler the pics? I'm wondering what his theory behind the dramatic toe curve would be.

Yep, I printed out several screen caps and auction pics of the boots and brought them with me. He agreed that they are definitely the Frye boot but insisted that they could not be resoled to a lower heel.

If I have some time next week, I think I'll take the boots to a friend of mine that specializes in cowboy boots and get a second opinion....

Todd

Coming in late but I would have to agree on the boots. I think that's why the toes curl up and all the wrinkles at the ankle.

Also, I think the "stockings" and the "vest" are the same materials. Probably a union or bodysuit with the thighs gut and tied in a knot.

Sorry if this is all known, just getting into the costume :eek

Better late than never :lol

Yes, they said that when the boot leather is originally cut out for a high heel that there is no way to mod it for a low heel. The opposite may be possible (i.e. from a low heel to a high heel) since there is more material to work with.

As far as the heel goes they are plastic and yes they can be cut down a bit...only about an inch before it would cause some difficultly when walking in them. FYI there is also a steel shank in the arch of the boot that helps keep its shape.

After talking with the cobbler, I'm convinced that the costume designers had them custom made...not modified.

Todd

This goes back to earlier statements between myself and Tsuyosa. I wanted to assume that the boot couldn't be modded to a lower heel simply because it shouldn't. Tsu pointed out the curled toe, and wrinkles in the arch that showed where it had clearly been forced. The mod happened. It was a quick and dirty mod, and something that would make any good cobbler shudder. But there it is.

Also, I think the "stockings" and the "vest" are the same materials. Probably a union or bodysuit with the thighs gut and tied in a knot.

I thought this as well, but it could also have been a long sleeve shirt. Then they cut the sleeves off and used them for the leggings...

Got the white "boyfriend" American Eagle tank at the local AE store a couple of days ago...

I just started working on this for my wife and this thread has been a huge help!!:thumbsup

Any other accurate "finds" out there? The goggles, the trench coat, a brown shirt or union suit with snaps, scarf material, lace up "alice star" shorts... What are you guys using for these things?

Many thanks!
Matt

From my understanding of what's been said about the shorts... they seem to only be based on a style that Milla's company made a couple years ago and were custom made for the movie.

I've been working on the goggles and found something that is damn close on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/FOLDING-VENTED-...3002209QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Compared with this pic,
ree2064.jpg

they are really close, but you can see where the vent touches the lense "bubble" on the ebay goggles, but doesn't touch on the screen used piece.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back