Resident Evil: Extinction - Alice

pinder91

Sr Member
So I'm tyring to help my girlfriend with this costume. We've already done the costumes from the first two films (although, the Apocalypse one was pretty much thrown together), so this one seemed like the next step.

We've already got the correct American Eagle tank top. The holsters are known to be Blackhawk! brand, and seem to be the Omega VI model. The coat, jumpsuit, shorts, belts, gun sheath, and scarves will be put together by us.

However, I'm having problems identifying the gloves, boots, and spurs.

The gloves seem to be batting gloves as opposed to receiver or weight training gloves, and the fingers look as though they were deliberately cut off.
ResidentEvil-MillaCostume2.jpg

The boots on the other hand have a "cowboy boot" heel. There is a good shot in the film where Alice jumps on a railing in Vegas that shows the spurs and boot closeup. The boots have a logo on heel area that looks like this:
╕╒
I'll try to grab a screenshot later.
ResidentEvil-MillaCostume4.jpg

I know she's carrying 1911 colts, but I'm no expert on exact style, so I'll ask about the pistols and shotgun in the prop section. Anyway, does anyone out there have any leads, or just know something that I don't?

I can't help out with the items unless it's of the Umbrella Corp. Guards, but I can provide lots of screenshots. Here are the boots in question from the first trailer put out a few months ago.

RE0180.jpg

Last edited:
That was quick! I didn't even get my dvd out yet. LOL

So does anyone recognize that symbol, or could that potentially have been slapped on there just for kicks by someone in the costume department... somewhat like the Samuel L. Jackson "BMF" letting that is supposedly on a few of costumes/props or whatever?

I took a look for you and I couldn't find anything close. Those are pretty unique as it looks like they are a lace-up western boot. Nothing even close matches. I would send them that pic and ask them what model it is.

Is it possible that they took an existing boot and modified it?

I was doing a search for Lace up Frye boots on Ebay and turned up these... [images below]

It appears to be the same boot style, only that it's a much taller heel. It's called the Frye: Villager Lace. Perhaps looking more into this particular boot will turn up clues?

The stitching is all proper, and If you look at the way "Alices" boots are being worn, it is relatively easy to see how the *bunching* that occurs in the front is where the boot might have been originally made as a high heeled boot.

My gut tells me it's these boots, Resoled. Looks like they might've used two different colored boots as well. Brown &/or Antique Gold.

Here are some examples of this boot:
2d77_1.JPG
"antique gold"
6275_1_sbl.JPG
"brown"
FRYE77610ESPRESSO.jpg
"espresso"
54e9_12.JPG
"antique gold"

Last edited:
Great find Tsuyosa!
Apparently they have simply shortened the heels on a pair of boots... This and the heavy wheatering, of course:D
The gloves looks like a working gloves with leather palm, with the fingers cut out...

I got a reply from Frye.
"ou are speaking about the Harness 12R 77300 in Tan. Please give us a call if you would like to place an order. Or, you can try to order it online."

This cannot be correct since this is what those boots look it. These are very similar to the boots from Apocalypse, though.
77300TAN.jpg

It looks like Tsuyosa found the right boot, which must have been resoled. I'm going to send them another e-mail.

Last edited:
Obviously the people at Frye aren't overly observant, especially considering they mistook the spur strap for a boot harness, and they look nothing alike.

I'm guessing they went through the website, and chose whatever they thought looked the closest.

Obviously the people at Frye aren't overly observant, especially considering they mistook the spur strap for a boot harness, and they look nothing alike.

I'm guessing they went through the website, and chose whatever they thought looked the closest.

True story. I got another reply from them and they suggested yet another incorrect boot.

My guess is it was either a custom version based off the Villager boot made just for the movie, or it was like stated earlier, an off-the-shelf Villager modified with shorted heel.

They look to me like an off the shelf Villager boot, with a new sole/heel. The whole sole would have had to be replaced due to the shape.

Well, My guess is that it's a custom made for the movie... I dont think the boot can be modded that way. It has a very pronounced curve that cannot be altered easily to flatten it and put another sole. I really dont think it's possible.

Again, I think it's just a custom made, and people from the custom service at Frye hace NO IDEA about that boot.

In any case I'd love to see a mod of those boots... if someone dares, keep us informed... Maybe you could ask it to a cobbler and see what he says.

Its like the person you emailed was probably some outsourced to India employee that really didn't know what they were looking at.

The boot may have been custom, or likely a outdated vintage boot that was lying around a wardrobe warehouse somewhere.

The Tsuyo boot... You can't mod the heel on a boot by simply cutting it short because the vamp is shaped to the heel height and will not simply reshape. Easier to add a scant amount of height. Also note that the heel on Tsu's is much narrower, like a pump, than the RE one which is clearly a bulkier style shoe.

Last edited:
Well, My guess is that it's a custom made for the movie... I dont think the boot can be modded that way. It has a very pronounced curve that cannot be altered easily to flatten it and put another sole. I really dont think it's possible.

Again, I think it's just a custom made, and people from the custom service at Frye hace NO IDEA about that boot.

In any case I'd love to see a mod of those boots... if someone dares, keep us informed... Maybe you could ask it to a cobbler and see what he says.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I REALLY disagree.
As someone who works alot with fabric, (and now leather) the altered boot sole makes entire sense to me, and judging from what I've seen, it's quite doable.
[see picture below]
As you can see, just above the instep on the boot... there is a large amount of bunching occurring DUE to excess material that would *normally* be stretched out.
Now, imagine that the wearer of the boot (in this picture) Pointed the toe downward. The bunched material would stretch out, and you would have a boot without bunching. Hence, a pointed toe is the natural position of the boot. It used to be a high heel. ;)

RE0180.jpg

Its like the person you emailed was proabably some outsourced to India employee that really didn't know what they were looking at.

Tsuyosa's find is not as useful as you may think. You can't mod the heel on a boot by simply cutting it short because the vamp is shaped to the heel height and will not simply reshape. Keep looking. The seams aren't even in the same places and the heel on Tsu's is much narrower, like a pump, than the RE one which is clearly a bulkier style shoe.

We're not saying that the boot was modded by cutting the heel short. In order to achieve the right affect you would have to TEAR OFF the entire sole. A sole for a high-heel is structurally different from the sole of a flat heel. You are correct that cutting it off wouldn't work.
Again, I lobby that this IS the boot, but was entirely RE-SOLED. It's actually not a hard thing to do.
Just take it to a shoe/ boot repairshop and they could do it with ease.
And again, the bunching above the instep from the leather being under stretched (due to the boot being resoled into a flat heel position) is further evidence that the boot was ONCE a high heel. Re-Soled

Also, what are you referring to about a narrow seam? If you look at the position of the seams relative to the rest of the boot, NOT the sole. They are the same.

Last edited:
I was going thorugh all of the pics I've saved from the auctions and webpages from Extinction and picked out all the pics that pertain to the boots:

This one is for the gloves, a close up of it
ree1000_j-1.jpg

ree1000_i.jpg

ree1010_e.jpg

ree1089_g.jpg

ree1090_g.jpg

ree1091_e.jpg

ree1102_f.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I guess that it can be possible.. and judging by those last pics... THEY ARE MODDED BOOTS FOR SURE !!! I can see how the original curved shape back to its original form.

Now a question... what color do you think it the original... brown distressed or antique gold ???

It looks more like brown very distressed instead of antique gold weathered...

Here you can see a pic of a boot I found in brown, looks like with a little more distress can be SPOT ON.. (what do you think ?).

Have anyone found what those "spats" are ??? I'd really love to find those as well. I'm planning to make the mod on the boots, and would be great to find that as well !!!.

They're western spur straps, similar to these:

13699.jpg

But the spur has been replaced by a piece of leather at the back.

They're fairly easy to find online, and can usually be bought for less than $15.

This is looking promising. I would definitely say the boots were originally high heeled and then resoled for the film. Those pics posted are ones I do not have just yet.

Looks like the gloves also say Easton on the tag sticking out. Hard to tell though. Great shot.

The American Eagle tank top is what I believe to be the "Boyfriend Tank", now found in the clearance section: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat790025&productId=3379_8365

Last edited:
I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I REALLY disagree.
As someone who works alot with fabric, (and now leather) the altered boot sole makes entire sense to me, and judging from what I've seen, it's quite doable.
[see picture below]
As you can see, just above the instep on the boot... there is a large amount of bunching occurring DUE to excess material that would *normally* be stretched out.
Now, imagine that the wearer of the boot (in this picture) Pointed the toe downward. The bunched material would stretch out, and you would have a boot without bunching. Hence, a pointed toe is the natural position of the boot. It used to be a high heel. ;)

RE0180.jpg

We're not saying that the boot was modded by cutting the heel short. In order to achieve the right affect you would have to TEAR OFF the entire sole. A sole for a high-heel is structurally different from the sole of a flat heel. You are correct that cutting it off wouldn't work.
Again, I lobby that this IS the boot, but was entirely RE-SOLED. It's actually not a hard thing to do.
Just take it to a shoe/ boot repairshop and they could do it with ease.
And again, the bunching above the instep from the leather being under stretched (due to the boot being resoled into a flat heel position) is further evidence that the boot was ONCE a high heel. Re-Soled

Also, what are you referring to about a narrow seam? If you look at the position of the seams relative to the rest of the boot, NOT the sole. They are the same.

After that last set of pics, I'd have to recant. It does appear to be the same boot. The sole does seem to want to curve back to its memory. I just find it odd that they would do that. Must have been a small budget.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back