Resident Evil: Extinction - Alice

Is it just me, or do her goggles look like Pacific Coast Airfoils with the smoke tint lenses?

And does anyone have a closeup of those stirrup straps? I got an oversized pair of lighter colored leather, and I need to dye & cut them down to match.

Off to Home Depot now, to see if they still make those garden gloves.... (this is gonna be the best Cosplay costume EVER)

The Airfoils that I've seen all look similar, but nothing really matches. The ones with the right vents don't fold, and the one's that fold don't have the right vents.

I just bought some cheapies off ebay that were the closest I could find. The only modding I have to do is make them flat black instead of the gloss black they came in.

I know it's completely awful, but it was the best shot I could find without busting out the dvd.
re3-trailer8.jpg

Pinder you are AWESOME! For later reference, what Timex Ironman watch did you buy? None of the models I checked out look remotely similar. (Won't have watch or the shoes until next year probably, but I'm making do with what I've got.)

Stupid home depot in the city is so ghetto they don't have crap, so I'm going to have to get to suburbia to check for gloves. The dye job on the one-piece was pretty good (for a first-timer) but the cuts I made don't make it look very stocking-like. Pinned the tops with safety pins instead.

I'd originally planned to start with a mediocre, cheap costume and replace it slowly with custom bits until I had the full outfit, but the costumer wanted to delay the outfit... until AFTER Halloween. Meh. So broke down and contacted Blackhawk for holsters.. which I'm having shipped in the nice sand color.

Now I just have to find some reasonable facsimile of a jacket at Goodwill (cross fingers please :angel) and go dye the tshirt/weather it all. Pic will follow when it is all done.

I have been meaning to post something on here to help out others who are trying to put together this costume. First, I have to say that this is the best and most helpful thread on putting together Milla's RE Extinction costume. Thank you everyone for your input and ideas! I am putting this costume together as we speak and I will share with you what I have found :) If you're crafty and can make your own stuff like Sandman did, that's awesome! However, if you're not sew-savvy like me, then you need to find all the pieces. I actually wore a similar costume last year, but I bought it from cosplaymagic.com. I am wearing this costume again this year (to match with my BF), but I am re-doing most of the pieces to make it more screen correct!

Tanktop - American Eagle Boyfriend tank in white (actually used in the movie - which you can still find in the store and online right now!)

Jacket - I am using the jacket that came with the costume I purchased last year, but you can find one at a thrift shop maybe for super cheap! This is the hardest item to find, IMO, unless you can sew.

Brown leggings - I cut a pair of thick brown tights and tied them together.

Goggles - appear to be Birdz Owl, which you can buy on Amazon and Ebay. They may not be the exact goggles worn in the movie, but they look really close.

Watch - Timex Ironman Triathlon 30 lap (T533319J) - actually used in the movie. I could not find this watch, nor did I want to spend a lot, so I bought a Timex Ironman T5K224 from Amazon, which is close enough.

Shemagh (head scarf) - I found an olive colored scarf at a local store.

Gun holsters - Blackhawk Omega VI Elite. There is a debate on the color. It appears she is wearing the Coyote Tan color, but at other times they look like the Olive Drab color. There is some confusion here, but I bought the Olive colored ones like Sandman did, so I hope they work out ok :)

Shorts - Another debate on the color - are they tan or olive-brown colored? Maybe my monitor is incorrect, lol. I found a pair of Roxy Trade Winds shorts that are the closest I could find. Here is the link: Trade Winds Shorts - Roxy

Belt - I found an olive colored web belt on Amazon that will do.

For the brown shirt and boots, I think all of you have that figured out from reading this thread. For my brown shirt, I cut a brown shirt in half and am adding snaps on it. For the boots, I bought a pair of Born Mccarty boots last year that are super comfortable (but expensive). They're not identical, but definitely work. I wanted to make sure that I was going to wear them more than once.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions! I would love to help :)

Oh and if you know the correct color of the holsters and shorts, please do say! Thanks!

-Erika

I didn't get the left hand holster in my order!! bad enough I wanted sand and had to settle for olive... so I'm still minus gloves, the proper boots/jacket, and one holster. And apparently I can neither sew nor dye cloth for anything lol. But my hairdresser is amazing and I've spent all I can spent this Halloween (I will update and improve slowly as time goes on, I guess).

Anyway, I have a pic, not a very good one. Since I hate pics of me online, I've blurred out the face.

Hello All,

RaidersBash from COW...

have been meaning to get over here for a while, and was researching RE:Ex Alice costume for my wife.

Loved the gloves that were found...anyone know if these are still available. I can't seem to locate any, but thought I'd ask.

Cheers!

I'm glad I still check this thread from time to time.

I would assume that the gloves have been long since discontinued, but I have other reasons to head to Home Depot, so I'll check out my store.

That would be awesome. If anyone has any of their Alice stuff to ditch let me know. I'd be interested in picking up some pieces.

Has anyone ID'd the fabric of her long coat? I was told it may have been custom made by Milla Hawk but I just need a swatch to make one for a friend. :wacko

Paul

I have been meaning to post something on here to help out others who are trying to put together this costume. First, I have to say that this is the best and most helpful thread on putting together Milla's RE Extinction costume. Thank you everyone for your input and ideas! I am putting this costume together as we speak and I will share with you what I have found :) If you're crafty and can make your own stuff like Sandman did, that's awesome! However, if you're not sew-savvy like me, then you need to find all the pieces. I actually wore a similar costume last year, but I bought it from cosplaymagic.com. I am wearing this costume again this year (to match with my BF), but I am re-doing most of the pieces to make it more screen correct!

Tanktop - American Eagle Boyfriend tank in white (actually used in the movie - which you can still find in the store and online right now!)

Jacket - I am using the jacket that came with the costume I purchased last year, but you can find one at a thrift shop maybe for super cheap! This is the hardest item to find, IMO, unless you can sew.

Brown leggings - I cut a pair of thick brown tights and tied them together.

Goggles - appear to be Birdz Owl, which you can buy on Amazon and Ebay. They may not be the exact goggles worn in the movie, but they look really close.

Watch - Timex Ironman Triathlon 30 lap (T533319J) - actually used in the movie. I could not find this watch, nor did I want to spend a lot, so I bought a Timex Ironman T5K224 from Amazon, which is close enough.

Shemagh (head scarf) - I found an olive colored scarf at a local store.

Gun holsters - Blackhawk Omega VI Elite. There is a debate on the color. It appears she is wearing the Coyote Tan color, but at other times they look like the Olive Drab color. There is some confusion here, but I bought the Olive colored ones like Sandman did, so I hope they work out ok :)

Shorts - Another debate on the color - are they tan or olive-brown colored? Maybe my monitor is incorrect, lol. I found a pair of Roxy Trade Winds shorts that are the closest I could find. Here is the link: Trade Winds Shorts - Roxy

Belt - I found an olive colored web belt on Amazon that will do.

For the brown shirt and boots, I think all of you have that figured out from reading this thread. For my brown shirt, I cut a brown shirt in half and am adding snaps on it. For the boots, I bought a pair of Born Mccarty boots last year that are super comfortable (but expensive). They're not identical, but definitely work. I wanted to make sure that I was going to wear them more than once.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions! I would love to help :)

Oh and if you know the correct color of the holsters and shorts, please do say! Thanks!

-Erika
Any updates.. Doing Alice for my wife as I write this.. Love to see some pics.

03C28F3A-0A1F-4E2E-A0C2-BA447232FF99.jpg

Been working on the wife’s Alice Cosplay for awhile now.. Still not finished, waiting on some more accurate shorts.. Need to pin the shirt into the shorts since I don’t use union suit. Let me know what you think!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back