Resident Evil: Extinction - Alice

From my understanding of what's been said about the shorts... they seem to only be based on a style that Milla's company made a couple years ago and were custom made for the movie.

Here is my version of the shorts. I made them out of a pair of pants I found on ebay for $15. They are a sueded pig skin. The star is cut out of an off white canvas material. What a pain that was to sew in...

Aliceshorts006.jpg

Aliceshorts005.jpg

A little more distressing and they will be good to go!!!

Here are the screen used shorts for reference:

backofshorts.jpg

product_ree1089_d.jpg

Todd

Unbelievable!! Great work Sandman!

I don't suppose you'd be interested in a commission for another pair!?!?!

This thread is fantastic! Thanks to everyone for sharing their work and finds!

I wonder if we could interest Indy Magnoli or the Man to make Alice's duster....?

Last edited:
has anyone found anything on the scarf around her neck?? i have been looking for a good solution.. also i was wondering if anyone has any good referece pics of this suit from the propstore.com

Yes, they said that when the boot leather is originally cut out for a high heel that there is no way to mod it for a low heel. The opposite may be possible (i.e. from a low heel to a high heel) since there is more material to work with.

As far as the heel goes they are plastic and yes they can be cut down a bit...only about an inch before it would cause some difficultly when walking in them. FYI there is also a steel shank in the arch of the boot that helps keep its shape.

After talking with the cobbler, I'm convinced that the costume designers had them custom made...not modified.

Just an update on some other pieces...I couldn't find a belt that had all the eyelets in it so I made one myself. Its 1" cotton webbing with 1/4" eyelets. The eyelets are "antique brass" and I had to dye the webbing.

Alicecostume008.jpg

Alicecostume009-1.jpg

Todd

hey man i was wondering were did you get this 1" cotton webbing with the 1/4 inch eyelets.. i have found the webbing without the eyelets but i was wanting to buy it already done..

Sandman, what colour are the holsters?

I thought they were a sand colour (which I've found impossible to find) but yours appear to be olive drab (which I can find)? which would be correct?

Alicescostume002.jpg

Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread... I went as Extinction Alice this past halloween and made the whole costume myself. This board was a MAJOR help! I will have pics to post soon. :)
I already had the gloves (used them for gardening so they were already *worn*), and found a great deal on the Blackhawk holsters on ebay. I used Timberland's Charles Street boots, but the rest was all screen accurate (except the watch, which was impossible to correctly duplicate!). The long duster was the hardest thing - I modded it from a Goodwill bought trench that cost me $8.25. Yay :)
Thanks again!!

Yes, post pix please. With the attention to detail and the work you've put into it would love to see what you put together.

I would love to see picks of the costume! i've heard of other people giving this a go and I have never seen the final product, it would be really cool to see

This project got put on the super back burner! The girlfriend I was doing this for is long gone, but I decided to keep going because the new girlfriend can wear it, and I think it's a cool costume that would look awesome on display.

So here's my recent purchases...
IMG00464-20110323-1745.jpg

Manged to snipe some Frye Villagers on ebay the other week. They finally arrived today. I thought these would be harder to find.
Picked up a Timex Iron Man that I am naturally distressing by simply wearing it to work.
Finally, the closest I could find to the correct goggles. All they need is a sanding to bring the gloss black down to a flat black.

Since I already have the correct gloves I just need to get the holsters and I'll have all the correct "off the shelf" items.

If you are not actually carrying guns around in the holsters (and I hope you aren't), you could substitute a lighter weight regular belt rather than canvas webbing. I remembered seeing these Grommet Skinny Belts at Express.
GROMMET SKINNY BELT at Express

I've been wanting to make this as my first cosplay outfit. Even going to do my hair the same way.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back