Suggestion Request for a Noob thread

greylocke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A thread where things get explained. I'm still trying to figure out the various acronyms, such as HIC = Han in Carbonite, BTTF = Back To The Future, but you get what I'm saying. The reason I'm asking is I see members talking about using styrene, what kind of styrene? Where would I get it? how do I glue it? how would I cut it properly? how do I form it properly? Also making molds, what type of mold material? where would I get it? what is release agent? Why do I need release agent? Resins, what types? Where to get? benefits of this type versus that type?

Is there any way we could put together a thread or FAQ that explains all of it? Because I'm still scratching my head over some things, and while I do figure it out after a while, I think if we had an explanation thread or FAQ, we could actually bring more people into the hobby.

My .02 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
one forum i go on ..if you hover over say "bttf" it will say what it means and so on

You see the dotted line below bttf ?

Hover over abbreviations with dotted lines, and it does exactly what you are showing us in the link ;)

Wiki, FAQ etc. have been talked about and are partially in the works, please hit the search function for a bit more info. I am pretty sure that 2012 will bring a few changes ;)

Michael
RPF staff

that would be great, i get lost in some of these posts, dear in headlight kind of lost. of course im an old fart and not up to alot of pc lingo :lol

You see the dotted line below bttf ?

Hover over abbreviations with dotted lines, and it does exactly what you are showing us in the link ;)

Wiki, FAQ etc. have been talked about and are partially in the works, please hit the search function for a bit more info. I am pretty sure that 2012 will bring a few changes ;)

Michael
RPF staff

Maybe you could add HIC to the list....It don't have a dotted line.

Also the RPF has a pretty good search engine, you can pretty much find any information you want by typing your request in there

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back