Suggestion Request for a Noob thread

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by greylocke, Feb 25, 2012.

1. greylocke

greylocke Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A thread where things get explained. I'm still trying to figure out the various acronyms, such as HIC = Han in Carbonite, BTTF = Back To The Future, but you get what I'm saying. The reason I'm asking is I see members talking about using styrene, what kind of styrene? Where would I get it? how do I glue it? how would I cut it properly? how do I form it properly? Also making molds, what type of mold material? where would I get it? what is release agent? Why do I need release agent? Resins, what types? Where to get? benefits of this type versus that type?

Is there any way we could put together a thread or FAQ that explains all of it? Because I'm still scratching my head over some things, and while I do figure it out after a while, I think if we had an explanation thread or FAQ, we could actually bring more people into the hobby.

My .02 cents

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
  2. defstartrooper

defstartrooper Sr Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  3. steveo3002

steveo3002 Well-Known Member

one forum i go on ..if you hover over say "bttf" it will say what it means and so on

4. usconcept

usconcept Well-Known Member

Is it a feature or the google ads type plugin?

5. steveo3002

steveo3002 Well-Known Member

6. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You see the dotted line below bttf ?

Hover over abbreviations with dotted lines, and it does exactly what you are showing us in the link ;)

Wiki, FAQ etc. have been talked about and are partially in the works, please hit the search function for a bit more info. I am pretty sure that 2012 will bring a few changes ;)

Michael
    RPF staff

7. trooper

trooper Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

that would be great, i get lost in some of these posts, dear in headlight kind of lost. of course im an old fart and not up to alot of pc lingo :lol

8. Contec

Contec Master Member

Maybe you could add HIC to the list....It don't have a dotted line.

9. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Also the RPF has a pretty good search engine, you can pretty much find any information you want by typing your request in there