Republic Cruiser

This model is all for me. this and the Sith infiltrator are probably my favorites from the Prequels. im building the 6 footer. I have the drawings all done and just need to find a new shop to print the drawings out for me. My regular place closed up due to the slow Econonmy. The actual size works out to be about 5 foot 10 inches. It will have a tubular steel armature with Four mounting points. (Underside, port and Starboard and middle engine. This will be my main project and the Betty will be a slow build, since im finishing it up on my own. I will post some drawing pics as soon as i can shrink them down and still see the detail. being full size its a pain to get all the detail in one pic.

Thanks for looking.

Al

My fav model (with the Palpatine's shuttle).
Not sure if the landing gear were motorized or just screwed when the doors are opened.

The figures scale looks to be 1.72, what do you think ?

Some honeycomb diffuser material in the engines, sounds very Galactica !

Nice, not sure, but ive e mailed one of the builders, waiting to see what he says about it.

Besides the main characters, to me this is the only ship that has any resemblance to the original movies. it has the same feel and looks, should be a fun one to build.

Al

Yeah love the paintjob/weathering, very OT, and it has a lot of parts that were used on the TESB and ROTJ models, and this is a big plus.

Yeah the paint is great. love the color. Ok got an e mail from my friend who confirmed my scaling is on. so all dims look good so i can start getting major parts worked up.

That's a very interesting project! I have worked from time to time on drawings of this ship, too, based mostly on the pictures in the prequel chronicles, the Ep. I CD-ROM and detail photos. Here's where I am:

Radiant_VII_3d_039.jpg

It's not nearly finished, but the basic shape is done.
Would you be interested in comparing the drawings?

Cheers,
Thorsten

That's a very interesting project! I have worked from time to time on drawings of this ship, too, based mostly on the pictures in the prequel chronicles, the Ep. I CD-ROM and detail photos. Here's where I am:

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/Herr_Bpunkt/3D/RadiantVII/Radiant_VII_3d_039.jpg

It's not nearly finished, but the basic shape is done.
Would you be interested in comparing the drawings?

Cheers,
Thorsten

Sure, the only thing is my Drawings are done in Cad and i just usually draw out the basic structure ( top and side) and then i break the ship down into individual parts that will be made as assemblies and do separate drawings for each part. LIke for the Salon pod and engine. docking ports and antenna array. and i also design the internal frame as a separate drawing. Once that is done i will build each part and then start to detail the parts with the reference pics. then start to fit all the parts to the main structure. I find its alot easier to keep the drawings simple unless theres some details that need to be spaced and fit, Like cut outs and other symmetric details.

If that makes sense. But if you PM me, let em know if you can open cad files and i will see what i can put together.

Al

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back