Republic Commando Props

jrschmd

Just recently played Republic Comando for the first time and am now a big fan. Just wondering if any of you more experienced prop builders have made anything from the game? (guns, helmets, armor, etc.)

I have a DC-17 with attachments - gonna vacuform it someday. (a friend requested that I make an airsoft version out of a mold of what I have already) I'll try to remember to put up pics tonight for you.

here's the pics on my old fotki that I don't use anymore. hasn't changed much.

http://public.fotki.com/DragoLordist/props_dc-17m/

070306_1927-vi.jpg

As someone mentioned, there's a growing amount of Commando activity at Clonetroopers.net.

I scratch-built myself a DC-15s, and am working on the '17.

Heres a Sev bucket i painted. I installed the blue visor lights and spotlamp.

Very nice helmet. I no longer have it though. I'm waiting on another RC helmet that i will definitely be keeping(different maker). I'm not sure as to wether i'm gonna paint Sev style. I do know it will be a game version paint scheme.
I'm waiting Rc armor as well. Theres some real nice RC stuff out there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OdiWan72 @ Jan 26 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]1405203[/snapback]</div>
Hey Dr Maul

Got pics of your WIP Dc-17?
What overall dimensions will it have?

Markus
[/b]
Currently it's in the form of a template that I made up, printed out, and have marked out on MDF (as the "core" of the weapon). Overall length, based on my scaling, will be approx 21".

R2D2 guy:
That looks great....Is it vacformed?
How did you make the lit magazine?
Details please ;)

DrMaul:
I´m build my DC17 based on an AEG MP5 and it´ll be around 55cm from its rear end to the tip of the muzzle. I was told it should be close to 70cm but I scaled it to work with the MP5.
Do you think mine will be too small? :unsure

Markus

Yes it is vacformed over an MDF form I made. This was made from early pics that were provided by LucasArts, so there is only one digit and its next to the magazine.

The lights decrement after each pull of the trigger and the counter goes down after the magazine is spent. Yes there is sound also.

There are 13 leds, if I remember correctly. The cover on the magazine is clear with blue highlights (blue sharpy marker). It is not removeable. Although it is not glued in yet... I suppose I could make some kind of connector.

I built the electronics package from scratch.

Mike Senna

PS I never finished it. It needs the top rail, site, etc...

A while back I decided to start a sculpt because nobody was making RC armor. I figured I could do a decent job on the bucket. This is as far as I got:

sculptprogress004.jpg

I scrapped it when someone else started selling RC buckets. The more I look at them, the more I wish I'd have finished this one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OdiWan72 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]1407674[/snapback]</div>
DrMaul:
I´m build my DC17 based on an AEG MP5 and it´ll be around 55cm from its rear end to the tip of the muzzle. I was told it should be close to 70cm but I scaled it to work with the MP5.
Do you think mine will be too small? :unsure
Markus
[/b]
21-23 inches = 53-58cm, so that sounds right (and feels about right, based on the printed out template I've done).

Here's the template I made, for what it's worth...it's just a rough line drawing over a screen-grab from the game: RPD.Dr-Maul.com/DC17mTEMPLATE.jpg. I scaled it based on things like the size of the grip and trigger guard (which I made to match my E-11 and DC-15s), but there is obviously room for interpretation in there. If you print it at 75dpi, it will fit across 2 sheets of landscape A4/Letter paper.

These are great. I love the working LEDs.

We were at Dragoncon, with our RC group. Jack as Fixer, Eric as Boss, Mark as Scorch, and I was Sev. My armor is still here in the living room, where I left it after Dragoncon. I'm not trooping right now. There are pics floating around here, of us. I really like the way Sev turned out. Unfortunately, my resin DC-17 has started "weeping", and it's been in the case, ruining the foam all this time.:\

Hey Markus. I just thought of something, while looking at these pics. The dims I gave you were for my "Sniper" DC-17. It never even crossed my mind until now. D'oh.

Markus, SWEEEET looking DC, btw. Wow.

Thanks Jim

I had a hard time putting the thing together and it´s not even finished yet. I really don´t like working with styrene.

Still deciding whether to built the grip frame or not.
Right now it´s still the grip section of the MP5, that I built the DC17 around.

Markus

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back