Republic Commando Props

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by jrschmd, Apr 22, 2006.

1. jrschmd

jrschmd New Member

Just recently played Republic Comando for the first time and am now a big fan. Just wondering if any of you more experienced prop builders have made anything from the game? (guns, helmets, armor, etc.)

2. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

3. Geniepants

Geniepants Well-Known Member

4. DarthXXX

DarthXXX New Member

I am a huge RC fan, and would love to look at a group run at an RC helmet with LEDs-that would be awesome..

5. Drago Lordist

Drago Lordist Well-Known Member

I have a DC-17 with attachments - gonna vacuform it someday. (a friend requested that I make an airsoft version out of a mold of what I have already) I'll try to remember to put up pics tonight for you.

6. Hitogiri

Hitogiri Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd love to see the DC-17

7. Drago Lordist

Drago Lordist Well-Known Member

8. DrMaul

DrMaul Well-Known Member

As someone mentioned, there's a growing amount of Commando activity at Clonetroopers.net.

I scratch-built myself a DC-15s, and am working on the '17.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Dr Maul

Got pics of your WIP Dc-17?
    What overall dimensions will it have?

Markus

10. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

Heres a Sev bucket i painted. I installed the blue visor lights and spotlamp.
    [​IMG]
    Very nice helmet. I no longer have it though. I'm waiting on another RC helmet that i will definitely be keeping(different maker). I'm not sure as to wether i'm gonna paint Sev style. I do know it will be a game version paint scheme.
    I'm waiting Rc armor as well. Theres some real nice RC stuff out there.

11. DrMaul

DrMaul Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OdiWan72 @ Jan 26 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]1405203[/snapback]</div>
    Currently it's in the form of a template that I made up, printed out, and have marked out on MDF (as the "core" of the weapon). Overall length, based on my scaling, will be approx 21".

12. R2D2_GUY

R2D2_GUY New Member

Here's a couple pics of my gun. It's 23 inches.

Mike Senna

[attachmentid=12304]
    [attachmentid=12305]
    [attachmentid=12306]

13. OdiWan72

R2D2 guy:
    That looks great....Is it vacformed?
    How did you make the lit magazine?
    Details please ;)

DrMaul:
    I´m build my DC17 based on an AEG MP5 and it´ll be around 55cm from its rear end to the tip of the muzzle. I was told it should be close to 70cm but I scaled it to work with the MP5.
    Do you think mine will be too small? :unsure

Markus

14. R2D2_GUY

R2D2_GUY New Member

Yes it is vacformed over an MDF form I made. This was made from early pics that were provided by LucasArts, so there is only one digit and its next to the magazine.

The lights decrement after each pull of the trigger and the counter goes down after the magazine is spent. Yes there is sound also.

There are 13 leds, if I remember correctly. The cover on the magazine is clear with blue highlights (blue sharpy marker). It is not removeable. Although it is not glued in yet... I suppose I could make some kind of connector.

I built the electronics package from scratch.

Mike Senna

PS I never finished it. It needs the top rail, site, etc...

15. thorssoli

thorssoli Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A while back I decided to start a sculpt because nobody was making RC armor. I figured I could do a decent job on the bucket. This is as far as I got:

[​IMG]

I scrapped it when someone else started selling RC buckets. The more I look at them, the more I wish I'd have finished this one.

16. shortimer52

shortimer52 Well-Known Member

Well dont stop there is always room for more makers.

17. DrMaul

DrMaul Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OdiWan72 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]1407674[/snapback]</div>
    21-23 inches = 53-58cm, so that sounds right (and feels about right, based on the printed out template I've done).

Here's the template I made, for what it's worth...it's just a rough line drawing over a screen-grab from the game: RPD.Dr-Maul.com/DC17mTEMPLATE.jpg. I scaled it based on things like the size of the grip and trigger guard (which I made to match my E-11 and DC-15s), but there is obviously room for interpretation in there. If you print it at 75dpi, it will fit across 2 sheets of landscape A4/Letter paper.

18. OdiWan72

preview ;)...

[​IMG]

Markus

19. Rodann

Rodann Sr Member

These are great. I love the working LEDs.

We were at Dragoncon, with our RC group. Jack as Fixer, Eric as Boss, Mark as Scorch, and I was Sev. My armor is still here in the living room, where I left it after Dragoncon. I'm not trooping right now. There are pics floating around here, of us. I really like the way Sev turned out. Unfortunately, my resin DC-17 has started "weeping", and it's been in the case, ruining the foam all this time.:\

Hey Markus. I just thought of something, while looking at these pics. The dims I gave you were for my "Sniper" DC-17. It never even crossed my mind until now. D'oh.

Markus, SWEEEET looking DC, btw. Wow.

20. OdiWan72

Thanks Jim

I had a hard time putting the thing together and it´s not even finished yet. I really don´t like working with styrene.

Still deciding whether to built the grip frame or not.
    Right now it´s still the grip section of the MP5, that I built the DC17 around.

Markus

21. OdiWan72

Pretty much finished with just a few things left to do, such as the muzzle and the cover for the AEG selector switch :)

Had to make some compromises due to the design of the MP5 I based the DC17 on, but since it´s just part of the bigger SEV projects, it´ll do for now ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks WC for hosting the pics :thumbsup

Markus

22. WarEagle

WarEagle Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the counter be in Aurabesh or Mando'a?

23. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

Markus that is one sweet looking bug blaster.

24. OdiWan72

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarEagle @ Feb 5 2007, 01:41 AM) [snapback]1411903[/snapback]</div>
    Well...maybe it SHOULD be, but it´s not (not even in the game ;) )

Markus

25. damon5973

damon5973 Well-Known Member

Markus, that is great.... any chances of us seeing the attachments?

and then a run of vac formed ones????

26. Geniepants

Geniepants Well-Known Member

Love the lit DC-17.

27. OdiWan72

Right now the only attachment I have is the one shown.
    I will try to make the other two when/IF I still have time AFTER putting together my SEV armor (for C4 europe).

But don´t expect too much, it´s just a very generic design "inside" and not pretty ;)
    Had to built a rectangular frame around the MP5 body and wasn´t able to get the round -glowing- core done :(

BUT on a side note, all the removable parts are held together with small magnets :D
    The lower handgrip was customized to hold a small LED flashlight and flips down to reveal the battery compartment.

The attachment is also held down with 4 magnets, as well as the mag.

Will post a pic soon.

Markus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(damon5973 @ Feb 5 2007, 03:42 AM) [snapback]1411971[/snapback]</div>

28. DrMaul

DrMaul Well-Known Member

That's just all round cool.

29. OdiWan72

Markus

30. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

markus more pics.

31. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

32. OdiWan72

Any specific angles?

What would you like to see?

Markus :)

33. OdiWan72

Here you go...

Muzzle is in the works as well as refining the "internal" view of the DC17, once the attachment is off.
    It´s still a AEG shooter with lights and sound.

[​IMG]

Markus

34. Rodann

Rodann Sr Member

Dude, I'm not even into trooping that much anymore, but that is the most awesome thing I have ever seen.

I wish mine looked like that.

35. OdiWan72

Thanks Jim :$

Have you sold your SEV?

I´m still working on mine and just can´t decide if I go with the white armor or -according to CT- a light grey. Even then, I can´t find a grey light enough :rolleyes

Markus

36. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

Those pics look great. I'm doing SEV as well. My Polyarmor comes this week:) I need a deece though. You up to makin another one of those like yours?? you can pm me details if so;-)

37. OdiWan72

Sorry Steve but the DC17 was a royal PITA to make...my first large scratchbuilt project ever (besides of a few smaller blaster and conversion parts).

I´m doing a SEV as well, but I´m having serious problems to fit it to my build :( There´s a large gap between the chest and the ab-plate and the upper armor has a tight fit, since I´m somewhat on the "broad" side ;)

1,96m, 100kg...

I´d love to see some progress pics of your SEV, once you receive the armor.

Markus

forgot to add, just in case if anybody is wondering about the "foggy" counter window...

I added a plexiglass cover to the counter window, but the superglue caused some fogging on the acryl.
    Since I didn´t want to remove it -again :lol - I added some more weathering to the counter, as if it has seen quite a few rounds being fired, shortcircuits and all ;)

Markus

38. Rodann

Rodann Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OdiWan72 @ Mar 17 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1442229[/snapback]</div>
    I think I'm about to. :unsure

Also my TD, and possibly Bly. Still deciding on Fett.
    It's that, or find a second job. Actually, maybe that TOO.

On the color, I'd go with (weathered) white, because it'll be hard to paint the gray chest sides and have any contrast.

39. sjorsjo91

sjorsjo91 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

really love the dc-15
    does anyone out there have an idea how to build one from hardware store parts?
    would really like to build one myself.
    -Sjors